First eyebrow shape client!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem, nice to see you in the skin forum too :) xx

Thanks :) will probably be in here with spray tanning questions soon too! ;) xx

Thanks you 2 :) My client is tomorrow so no time to order special brow powders, so will just use a pencil for now if I feel I need to. Just did my own and other than messing up slightly on one of my brows because I took a few too many out, I think they look pretty good and I just used my eye and finger to guide me to where the 5 lines are iygwim? Anyway, feeling loooooooads better. Thank you very very much :) :hug:

You could always just use a brown eyeshadow if you needed to. No extra expense then !

Im sure you will be fine. I always find if someone is coming in with an untouched brow they are usually wowed even if the hair removal is minimal. I had a client a few years ago that received a voucher for her birthday, never had an eyebrow wax and only wanted a tiny amount of and it still looked amazing.

It really doesn't matter what you use as you are merely creating a template for yourself to work around and wiping in off when you are finished.

You could always just use a brown eyeshadow if you needed to. No extra expense then !

Im sure you will be fine. I always find if someone is coming in with an untouched brow they are usually wowed even if the hair removal is minimal. I had a client a few years ago that received a voucher for her birthday, never had an eyebrow wax and only wanted a tiny amount of and it still looked amazing.

Very true actually, I did my Aunt's a few weeks ago, barely took anything off, literally just tidied them and she text me after to say how much she loved them and how much extra space she'd gained Lol!! I hardly took anything away and her brows are blonde, so not really noticeable to look at, yet she was so happy.

It really doesn't matter what you use as you are merely creating a template for yourself to work around and wiping in off when you are finished.

Thanks, I have a brand new eyebrow pencil I've never used, so could use that but would then have to throw away after, so might just try and do it by eye :eek: I'm sure it'll be fine......:irked:

Just sharpen your pencil after instead of throwing it away xx

Ok, my panic is over already, what a great, simple, easy rule Lori has. My panic was always about someone wanting a completely different shape and now watching that I know that I can say that a completely different shape isn't possible if their natural brow line is a particular way.

Great. Feeling much more confident. Thank you all sooooo much!! :D :hug:

ETA: Just one more question, sorry, Kim (and others) you mentioned using a brow powder to outline where I'm going to tweeze, is this acceptable and professional enough do you think or should I use my "eye" for this 5 line method? And are you speaking about a particular brow powder, sorry if I'm sounding a bit dim, just that I haven't seen or used brow powders before, only pencils (talking from a personal perspective as brows is new to me professionally) I only have a Sally's near me that I can run to today, will I be able to get what I need in there? xx
You can draw as many lines as you like and use as many tools as you like, but with brows you really have to train your eye to know what is right. Tweezing is great and it's a forgotten art so go for it!

You don't need to spend money on a particular brow powder. Get yourself the cheapest or the dearest dark brown, mid brow, light brown (make sure they have no shimmer or red in them) and a cream coloured highlighter. I like MAC but you can use anything. Get an angled brush…….I like a long handled one as you can use it to measure. Don't go to Sally's go to Tesco or a department store (whatever your budget is). x

hi hot sure if this is still taught in colleges, but when i trained we were told to put vasaline over the brow area we didnt want to remove.
the wax doesnt stick to it so if you go a bit wrong you dont pull the whole eyebrow off :)

hi hot sure if this is still taught in colleges, but when i trained we were told to put vasaline over the brow area we didnt want to remove.
the wax doesnt stick to it so if you go a bit wrong you dont pull the whole eyebrow off :)

Thanks for the tip but like I said further back, I don't use wax :wink2:

Thanks Kim. Will take all your advice on board, will use my pencil and will get the other bits you mentioned for the next one which is next week! Just another question though, I thought we could only use disposable brushes? Is this not the case?
Fingers crossed tomorrow goes ok :eek: thanks so much everyone xx

Last edited:
You can get brush cleanser from various different make up suppliers, MAC does a popular one. Some people use baby shampoo to clean their brushes, just make sure you thoroughly rinse them and leave them flat to air dry.
Get yourself a couple of good angled brushes and clean them after clients and you'll be flying :) xx

You can get brush cleanser from various different make up suppliers, MAC does a popular one. Some people use baby shampoo to clean their brushes, just make sure you thoroughly rinse them and leave them flat to air dry.
Get yourself a couple of good angled brushes and clean them after clients and you'll be flying :) xx

Fabulous!! Thank you so much :hug:

Well she's been and gone and seemed happy. She had very thick and bushy blonde brows, we chatted beforehand about what she wanted doing and she really just wanted them to look tidier rather than a re-shape (phew!) so that's what I did. Glad it's over :lol:

Yay you did it and there was nothing to worry about :) do you feel more confident about the next eyebrow shape now? Xx

Yay you did it and there was nothing to worry about :) do you feel more confident about the next eyebrow shape now? Xx

Nope! :lol: I'm sure the more I do the more confident I'll get. I used the pencil to draw the lines and show her what I was going to do but tbh I think that flustered me more. I have a good eye, I should be more confident in myself that I can do it on my own. I do mine well, I'm sure I can do it on others!
So next one, I will just simply talk about what they want and just do it!! :wink2: :)

Thanks for the tip but like I said further back, I don't use wax :wink2:

Thanks Kim. Will take all your advice on board, will use my pencil and will get the other bits you mentioned for the next one which is next week! Just another question though, I thought we could only use disposable brushes? Is this not the case?
Fingers crossed tomorrow goes ok :eek: thanks so much everyone xx
Use powder and an angled brush rather than a pencil.

Disposable brushes are fine and I use them on my Brow Design training, but in my waxing room, I use my favourite brush/comb and spray it with brush cleaner.

Nope! :lol: I'm sure the more I do the more confident I'll get. I used the pencil to draw the lines and show her what I was going to do but tbh I think that flustered me more. I have a good eye, I should be more confident in myself that I can do it on my own. I do mine well, I'm sure I can do it on others!
So next one, I will just simply talk about what they want and just do it!! :wink2: :)
Definitely the more you do it the more confident you'll become at it and your client was happy so it's all good :) xx

I'm a fan of the 5 lines technique!! X

Latest posts

Back