First eyebrow shape client!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planky1

Premium Geek
Reaction score
And I am so nervous!! It's the ONLY treatment I lack confidence in as I haven't had enough practice. I know it's not rocket science but it still terrifies me. Tidying up, no problem, re-shaping...... :eek:

Any tips or tricks would be greatly received as she is booked in Friday! :eek:

I am the same!!! Especially when using wax for a reshape... Think this comes from my own little disaster where I was waxing my own eyebrows and took a chunk out of it by accident

I don't do beauty so hope you don't mind me throwing in my tupence :p

My research always goes off on tangents especially on here when there is so much interesting things to learn lol. I once read a post that led me to a YouTube video that showed how to shape a brow in 5 steps.

This video showed how to find the correct shape for the individual using 5 lines, it made so much sense! I took a quick glance and couldn't find it sorry but if you search on here and YouTube you will find out loads in a half hour ;)

Lindsey x

Are you using wax? Change the wax strip every time you pull a bit off if you are. This avoids being able to wax off extra bits.

Have a shape in mind and discuss with the client thoroughly. Let them hold a mirror and point out to them exactly what you're planning on taking off. You'll be fiiine! -hugs- x

Don't panic and take your time.

Apply some brow powder in the shape that you want their brow to be. You can use a really dark colour to make it easier to see as you'll cleanse it off before you show them. Make sure they both match. Then apply the wax to the hairs outside the make up. What you'll be doing is making your own template. That way you haven't got to worry about creating the shape whilst you wax . Wipe the make up off and perfect the shape always with tweezers.

You'll do great so don't worry.

You will get more confident the more eyebrow reahapes you do. I used to be the same years ago but now I actually thoroughly enjoy seeing the transformation?
Take your time,make sure you do a thorough consultation so you know exactly what the client wants and what is realistic.
Look at the face shape and the natural brow shape. You can only create a shape depending on the natural way the hair grows. For example if they grow in a tunnel/ round shape you cannot really then achieve a very arched brow.
You can finish any fine tuning of shape with your tweezers. Don't take too much off in one go,just take things nice and slowly and be careful to match up equally.
I never use brow powder as a guide but if that helps then do that.
You will be fine. :hug:

If you look at the top of the brow you will generally see if it is arched or angled and this will give you a good idea of how to shape. Normally though a lovely medium thickness from the front graduating to thinish at the back will look lovely.

I have a spiral eye brow brush which I use constantly to brush the brows into place so I can see what needs to be done. And I use the other end of the brush to measure brows before I start working so I can make sure they start and end in the right place.

If the brows are short at the front or back, before you start make sure you show the lady and encourage her to try and grow them back in. Lots of clients are resistent to this as they can't bear the thought of having to grow them out but it is worth it a hundred times when 8 weeks down the line the brows are usually full and beautiful.

Jacqui xx

Thank you everyone for your replies. I should have said that I don't wax, it's just good old fashioned tweezers! :eek:
I'm hoping to do threading training at some point but waxing, any form of terrifies me!!
So I'm just using tweezers.
Man alive I'm dreading this......

Thank you for all your helpful comments, I shall take them on board and give it my best shot!! Fake it till you make it.....right?? :eek:

Gulp.....

I agree with using powder or a brow product before you start.

I like to use product to define the shape before I start and I show the client.

Once I know they are happy, I can just crack on! (I'm a threader BTW)

I loosely use the 5 line principle which Lori Nostore demonstrates. Search for her on Youtube. She takes they mystery out of brow shaping.

I loosely use the 5 line principle which Lori Nostore demonstrates. Search for her on Youtube. She takes they mystery out of brow shaping.

I agree, definitely worth a watch! x

Don't panic and take your time.

Apply some brow powder in the shape that you want their brow to be. You can use a really dark colour to make it easier to see as you'll cleanse it off before you show them. Make sure they both match. Then apply the wax to the hairs outside the make up. What you'll be doing is making your own template. That way you haven't got to worry about creating the shape whilst you wax . Wipe the make up off and perfect the shape always with tweezers.

You'll do great so don't worry.

Ooh this is a good idea I might try it :)

I agree with using powder or a brow product before you start.

I like to use product to define the shape before I start and I show the client.

Once I know they are happy, I can just crack on! (I'm a threader BTW)

I shall check her out. Thank you.

ii would make sure the 'tail' of the brow isn't too short or thin and beginning at the 'bulb' of the brow run a nice curve down to the tail. i think you might find it helpful to get your client to sit up while you stand at the end of the bed, that way you get a better look at the brows and can see easier where you might need to tweak them.

Don't worry Planky, you've hot loads of great advice here and check out the Lori Nestore clips on YouTube if you still feel unsure.
You're a perfectionist that's why you're worrying but it also means you do a really good job xx

Don't worry Planky, you've hot loads of great advice here and check out the Lori Nestore clips on YouTube if you still feel unsure.
You're a perfectionist that's why you're worrying but it also means you do a really good job xx

Ah thanks hun :hug: Feeling quite sick!! :eek:

Ok, my panic is over already, what a great, simple, easy rule Lori has. My panic was always about someone wanting a completely different shape and now watching that I know that I can say that a completely different shape isn't possible if their natural brow line is a particular way.

Great. Feeling much more confident. Thank you all sooooo much!! :D :hug:

ETA: Just one more question, sorry, Kim (and others) you mentioned using a brow powder to outline where I'm going to tweeze, is this acceptable and professional enough do you think or should I use my "eye" for this 5 line method? And are you speaking about a particular brow powder, sorry if I'm sounding a bit dim, just that I haven't seen or used brow powders before, only pencils (talking from a personal perspective as brows is new to me professionally) I only have a Sally's near me that I can run to today, will I be able to get what I need in there? xx

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you can just use a brow pencil. Dont forget to remind them it won't look that dark or blocky if you show them it! :) x

Yes you could use a pencil or even dark eyeshadow with a small angled brush to make a template for yourself.
Everyone's raving about the Christian brow palette, it's available from Isabelle Hammon(d?) sorry I'm not 100% on the sp lol! But Planky if you look in the biz forum there's a thread about retailing brow powders I think there may be a link to the site.
Personally I'm using a benefit brow powder at the minute it's good but I can get a sharper shape with a pencil.
So glad you're feeling loads better :) xx

Thanks you 2 :) My client is tomorrow so no time to order special brow powders, so will just use a pencil for now if I feel I need to. Just did my own and other than messing up slightly on one of my brows because I took a few too many out, I think they look pretty good and I just used my eye and finger to guide me to where the 5 lines are iygwim? Anyway, feeling loooooooads better. Thank you very very much :) :hug:

No problem, nice to see you in the skin forum too :) xx

Latest posts

Back