First French Manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelli-marie

Reaction score
Hey geeks.
Help me its my first french manicure today.
Ive done loads of manicures in my lunch break at work and have no problems with these at all but now i have a french to do.
im not that worrid but just panicking on the white tip, i have got quite a good nail varnish its just trying to get the white smile line even any tips. i no it takes a lot of practice but i still want them to look nice.

do a search for french manicure - it'll show loads of questions already asked and answered on this subject...
hth

Use 2 thin coats of white rather than trying to cover in one.

It's easier to do if the white portion of the nail is not too long.

Follow the natural smile of the nail and you should not go too wrong.

If you do mess up the smile line, then use another brush with some Nail Fresh or enamel remover and correct your mistake by brushing along the line to remove or reshape any inconsistencies.

You should practice beore the client comes in on some old tips, to get your 'eye in'..

kelli-marie said:
Hey geeks.
Help me its my first french manicure today.
Ive done loads of manicures in my lunch break at work and have no problems with these at all but now i have a french to do.
im not that worrid but just panicking on the white tip, i have got quite a good nail varnish its just trying to get the white smile line even any tips. i no it takes a lot of practice but i still want them to look nice.

I always rest my right hand on my left wrist hand which is constantly resting on the table (hope that makes sence).....so it acts as a firm rest I find this good to stablise my DT's (lol) but really just take it nice and slow and feel the confidence flow through you....trust me these used to worry my, now I dont let them, and just get on with it and do a good smile line...

and if you do make a mistake you can always use nail fresh on a small brush to tidy the line or start the nail again, I have wiped and nail clean and started again and I wont be embarassed :o about it as I am being a perfectionist....hope this helps you,

and you will go and do a kick ass french manicure

Hi there

Yes 2 thin coats of white, there are 2 ways of putting the white on, you can hold the brush horizontally and roll the finger (easier this way) so that it goes across the nail in one movement or put the white on vertically with the end of the brush towards the knuckles if you understand what I mean. Tidy up with a corrector pen or fine brush in nail remover, use a fine brush with white to add any tiny bits at the sides for instance.

Then put your base coat on top, then your pink and then your top coat, should help the french manicure last longer.

Good luck
Deb379

Latest posts

Back