First Holiday

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klassy Klaws

Reaction score
Ok I know this is so sad but at 36 I am going on my first....yes first holiday abroad with my hubby!
He went to Corfu when he was 16 and I went to France with the school when I was 13.
This year we have decided that it was time we spend some time together in the warm with no kids so what I am asking my geeky mates is where should we go?

We did think that an all inclusive would be a good idea but to be honest I don't know where to start god I don't even have a passport:eek:
Luckily we aren't thinking of going away until around October so still have a little time:lol::lol:
So get your thinking hats on you worldly bunch and give me some places to look at :hug::hug:

How far do you want to fly? I mean to say what's your max time for sitting on a plane?
Hot/ cold weather?
What do you want to do on holiday?

Majorca is a good place to start out has a bit of everything and not to far to travel for your first trip.

Cyprus is beautiful Karen, I used to live there and it has something for everyone, the weather will be lovely in October too :hug:

I agree with Fiona Cyprus is lovely in October I went a few years ago and it was one of my fave hol's ever!

Spent my honeymoon in Paphos, Cyprus and can highly recommend it .... October should be perfect for the weather too btw, as the summer months can be quite oppresive.

me and they boy went to menorca sep / oct, weather was nice, scenery was beautiful, and it was lovely and quiet.

Key West
Singapore
Rome

Lots and lots of other places are fantastic as the other geeky ones have suggested :green:

It depends what you want to do really Karen - busy and hot - busy and interesting etc etc!

Whatever though, if you can, book somewhere, where you can have bed and breakfast and an evening meal as an option.

For me, the best bit is NOT HAVING TO DO THE COOKING :lol::lol::lol:

You deserve a fab holiday my geeky friend :hug::hug:

I love Jamaica too but am not sure what it's like in October I've always been at Easter...they may get hurricanes etc later in the year. Mexico is nice too but that may be the same.
Just don't do all inclusive in the med whatever you do:eek:

The Florida keys are absolutely fantastic, weather will be gorgeous too.

Me and my OH drove from Miami all the way through the keys and I have never taken such a beautiful drive in all my life and probably never will again. Just one long road.... bliss. I think next time we would ditch the luggate and do it on a Harley!

The Canaries are hot at that time of year, we went 9 years ago for 2 weeks, last week of Sept-1st week of Oct and the weather was excellent. Tunisia is a safe bet for sun in October, we had a fab time there :D

...and if all else fails, there's always my house :wink2: xx

The Florida keys are absolutely fantastic, weather will be gorgeous too.

Me and my OH drove from Miami all the way through the keys and I have never taken such a beautiful drive in all my life and probably never will again. Just one long road.... bliss. I think next time we would ditch the luggate and do it on a Harley!

Yes definately give florida a consideration.The pound is really strong against the dollar at the mo so itll be very cheap out there.Flights are relatively cheap october.
Everyone should try and do disney and orlando once in their lives its not just for kids and then st petes and clearwater are really beautiful and not far away for a two centre hol.

as said before it depends on how far you wanna travel hun, dominican, jamaica etc great and all inclusive is fab but 9 hrs on a plane might not be your cup of tea, me n hubby went on our first holiday alone last sept to italy, did florence, and pisa etc it was so gorgeous 2nd week of sept we went weather was fab and it was a real sight seeing holiday too, with few sunbathing relaxing days thrown in

cyprus, greece, portugal, etc, all goregous, and nice temps at that time of year

menorca, majorca, malaga etc cheaper and quicker flights etc, still nice, and good weather but mostly sun type holidays i think

so depends whether your looking for total relaxation not moving from pool/beach etc or if your looking for some sights too babes

have fun whatever and whever you choose, i went on my first holiday abroad when i was 23(honeymoon) and didnt go abroad again until i was 31, but although ive loaved malaga, dominican, and tenerife, and disneyworld was out of this world, i think one of my favs was our little romantic trip to italy last year without the kids, it was a real holiday

enjoy hun

xxxxxxxx

Is that an exclusive offer to Klassy Klaws, or can we all come Sandi?! :lol::lol:

Geek meet at Sandi's is it! lol.

Latest posts

Back