First Kiddies Party!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glorsclaws

Photographic Geek
Reaction score
Hiy peeps,
Did my first kiddies nail party last night ... went down really well.
Have learned a vital lesson though!
I wrongly pressumed (I know first big mistake) that they would all be having subtle/pale base colours for their art cos they had such teeny fingers! ... nooooo!!!
Big demand was Barbie pinks, cerises and ... black :eek:
Moodies went down a storm as usual too!
The conversation between these 6-12 yr olds amazed me, they're just women in minature these days! .. and they all had better mobile phones than me too :rolleyes:

Hi, been thinking of doing these parties too. Do you mind me asking what you charge per party/ per head and if you include party bags in the price or as an extra? How lond did the party last?

Also was there anything else going on whilst you were doing nails, ie disco? Ive got visions of loads of bored children sitting around waiting for their turn - dont want to be the 'sole entertainment' lmao!

Sherrie there as been loads written on Kids parties on here. Just do a search.
And yes glors they are really old heads on young shoulders now adays :rolleyes:

Glorsclaws said:
Hiy peeps,
Did my first kiddies nail party last night ... went down really well.
Have learned a vital lesson though!
I wrongly pressumed (I know first big mistake) that they would all be having subtle/pale base colours for their art cos they had such teeny fingers! ... nooooo!!!
Big demand was Barbie pinks, cerises and ... black :eek:
Moodies went down a storm as usual too!
The conversation between these 6-12 yr olds amazed me, they're just women in minature these days! .. and they all had better mobile phones than me too :rolleyes:

They are amazing these days these kiddies aren't they - like little mini divas!! And yes, it is very unnerving to see them with better accessories than the big gals!

I've been wondering about these Moodies polishes - do you find them really popular in general? Where do you get yours from if you don't mind my asking?

Don't know if she has any left but it's worth checking out Chocolates site K-Sa-Ra as she had reduced hers to £2 a bottle, www.netnails.net . She's well into her nail art & will help you out no end.

Well done for braving it! Know what you mean about the phones. Recently looked after my 7 yr old nephew for 2 weeks and the little bugger had a phone that took photo's!!! And to think I was made up cos mine had a coloured screen! :rolleyes:

Another question about the 'Moodies' - do you find they work well on little nails with no free edge? I've never used them but was under the impression they stayed one colour over the 'nail bed' part of the nail plate and then changed colour for the free edge. The children I've come into contact with for nail art (haven't been brave enough to do a party here in Dublin yet!) have all had very short nails and I wasn't sure if these polishes would work on them?

JackieMc said:
Well done for braving it! Know what you mean about the phones. Recently looked after my 7 yr old nephew for 2 weeks and the little bugger had a phone that took photo's!!! And to think I was made up cos mine had a coloured screen! :rolleyes:

Jackie ... lmao!!! I know just what you mean!.
I was also quite surprised to hear that one of the 11yr olds who actually had quite long nails, used strengthener and cuticle oil, so they are definately our clients of tomorrow!
A lot of the girls did have tiny nails but they loved the fact that the polish changed colour with the heat of their fingers.... they didnt mind that the whole nail changed colour.
Out of all of them only two got the free egde being a totally different colour effect.
To Hollyballoo ... I find them very popular, If Im doing natural nails they always ask for this ... I tend to buy in bulk from Nail order when at the shows.
They always have a warm bowl of water and painted tips on display for you to try for youself.
My most popular colour is Lilac Rose ... goes from a shimmery dusky pink to met. silver. ... everybody loves that one!

Well done Glo!

I know what you mean about young girls - they are growing up too quickly! I have done a few of these parties now, and at each one, I am amazed by how grown up they all are. They all wear similar clothes to me, listen to the same music as me, swear, talk about crushes on boys and so on! It's quite scary really!

With regards to how to entertain the other girls whilst working on one girl, I have invented a competition for them to do so they don't get bored. I draw around my own hands and each girl has to draw and design their own nails, bracelets, etc. They love it! Also I have had girls watching music videos, making up their own dances etc. Thankfully, I haven't experienced any bored girlies yet!!

And so far, the girls have loved the Moodies varnish - even though they have such tiny nails, they still love the colour changing effect!!

xxx

Who makes moodies and where can you buy them eg Sallys, Hairways, etc.

K-Sa-Ra (go to 'Site Stuff' then "Industry Links') stock Moodies.

Latest posts

Back