First La Weave

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annojf

AF Hair Extensions
Reaction score
First la weave done on a friend. This hair is cheap stuff I got from eBay ages ago as it was for practicing however her hair colour matches perfect so she keeping it in for the weekend to test the rings and thread out for me. Just some opinions please. No before pic as the idea was once in I'd take it out. Didn't need much blending as only about 2 inches different. Think from my training I'm still wary of placement. Had to do the last row a couple of goes to get in the right place.

Can't see the after pic x

Sorry phone being silly should be on now 20151022_205344.jpg 20151022_193318.jpg 20151022_192119.jpg

You need to get your bead lying flatter from the head as they are causing a fountain effect and not allowing the weft to lie flat

You need to get your bead lying flatter from the head as they are causing a fountain effect and not allowing the weft to lie flat
Thanks will try going a little lower

The rings are far to close to the scalp.. Could lead to traction.. Try to loosen them up a little and lay flatter, about a cm down.

Hiya I'm wondering how many rows do you do n do you double up, thanks x

The rings are far to close to the scalp.. Could lead to traction.. Try to loosen them up a little and lay flatter, about a cm down.
Sorry to sound stupid, but what do you mean traction? I did my second LA weave a few weeks ago and the lady had to have it taken out as is caused her to get seborrhoeic eczema. She said it was nothing to do with my application but the hair was too heavy and was causing her hair follicles to create more oil leading to eczema. Now I am wondering if I did the rings too tight x

Sorry to sound stupid, but what do you mean traction? I did my second LA weave a few weeks ago and the lady had to have it taken out as is caused her to get seborrhoeic eczema. She said it was nothing to do with my application but the hair was too heavy and was causing her hair follicles to create more oil leading to eczema. Now I am wondering if I did the rings too tight x
Iv seen this vid, and this looks neat n not too tight, hope this helps on here xx

Was taught to go really high up but must admit didn't look right. Surprising though after 3 days washed once it was laying super flat when I checked it over and took it out. I used 4mm rings. Would anyone choose bigger rings? I've seen some la weaves with bigger gaps but surely that would lead to sagging too easily?

If the rings are to tight you are running the risk of pulling hair out.. Which could lead to traction alopecia, you need to be aware of traction alopecia and how to prevent it if your business is in extensions.. The way they have done it in the video they have let the ring lay flat and given about 1cm from the scalp to allow for the sewing of the weft which looks correct.. But the picture above is way to tight that will be uncomfortable and more than likely would have pulled a few strands out... Could also lead to traction bumps where tiny spots will form around the follicles where the hair is pulling...

Hi, this is my 1st la weave. It's not even 100g of hair, I doubled the top row tripled the middle row n doubled 3rd row... How do you get 120-150g in? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 132
Hi, this is my 1st la weave. It's not even 100g of hair, I doubled the top row tripled the middle row n doubled 3rd row... How do you get 120-150g in? Thanks
Was the weft itself a double weft? Was the hair single drawn or double drawn?

Depending where I get my hair from as each supplier varies. The angel remy 150 gram super weft I can get 2 or 3 doubled up rows depending on where I place them. But other wefts that are single drawn tend to be longer in width xx

Was the weft itself a double weft? Was the hair single drawn or double drawn?

Depending where I get my hair from as each supplier varies. The angel remy 150 gram super weft I can get 2 or 3 doubled up rows depending on where I place them. But other wefts that are single drawn tend to be longer in width xx
No it's not double weft and its singledrawn aswell. It's a suppliers in my hometown. It's only £44 for 100g of 18" so my clients like it as it's cheap for them xx

No it's not double weft and its singledrawn aswell. It's a suppliers in my hometown. It's only £44 for 100g of 18" so my clients like it as it's cheap for them xx
I find with single drawn wefts they tend to be wider. A 100gram single drawn is wider than 100gram double drawn or double wefted. I tend to use almost 2 full packs or 1 pack of a super weft of double drawn hair xxx

Tha
I find with single drawn wefts they tend to be wider. A 100gram single drawn is wider than 100gram double drawn or double wefted. I tend to use almost 2 full packs or 1 pack of a super weft of double drawn hair xxx
Thankyou people from where I live don't wanna pay the prices.
This lady was a model for me so I could practice so she bought the hair n I applied for free. I'm currently looking at euphoria one their Brazilian wefts n have a deal on for 20" but had no interest. Have you used that supplier? Xx

I had a Brazilian hair weft fitted from Euphoria One just under 8 months ago and the quality is still in lush condition, really impressed! I did notice it was shorter in width than single drawn wefts I've used in the past.

Does anyone know how long hair planet's wefts last for ?

XxX

Hair planet Indian hair wefts will last around 4 months.

Latest posts

Back