First lash set - help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

courtshalliday97

Reaction score
This one of my first ever sets of lashes. I'm really struggling and most of the time feel like throwing in the towel! I find it really stressful and my model actually had a tremor so it was very hard to focus on isolation and glue control as she was shaking uncontrollably and kept opening her eyes. I also had a lady with hooded and sensitive eyes that would not stop streaming, the corner lashes were extremely difficult to reach (even with pulling the lid with tape trick). I'm finding the process on a whole okay and trying to practice as much as possible - I'm just struggling with getting my time down and making the lashes very full - I am trying to keep the sizes smaller to give the illusion of a fuller lash.

Any words of encouragement or help?

Attachments

• lash.jpg
    lash.jpg
    751.5 KB · Views: 79
Im not a lash tech but I would be very happy with these! x

Im not a lash tech but I would be very happy with these! x

You've made my day, Hayley! I've been feeling so defeated and have been very hard on myself - I would never want my clients leaving unhappy or dissatisfied! x

Ignore the timing aspect - please! It will be your biggest bug bear even when you have been doing them months in - same with me and nails - always comparing to others etc...

Don't bash yourself up! You had a really challenging set and they still look neat, not over glued and even. x

These look lovely, i would also be happy with these if i was a client xxx

These look lovely, i would also be happy with these if i was a client xxx
Thank you so much, I'm being so hard on myself and comparing myself to everyone in the area (I feel they're not full enough). I just always feel disappointed in myself and that people will leave unhappy and I hate that thought. The sets that I've done so far have been SO natural and not the really full look that most people are after so I beat myself up about that a lot.

I've had a client with a hooded lid and another with a tremor, so it's not been easy at all and I've really struggled! I'm left feeling so defeated and rubbish every time!

am just starting out in microblading and am feeling exactly the same after each set. Am looking at pictures and criticizing my work, but i think we can be far to hard on ourselves and need to just relax and remember that it takes time to perfect a skill and a few months/ years down the line we will look back at how far we have come xxx

am just starting out in microblading and am feeling exactly the same after each set. Am looking at pictures and criticizing my work, but i think we can be far to hard on ourselves and need to just relax and remember that it takes time to perfect a skill and a few months/ years down the line we will look back at how far we have come xxx

I think you're definitely right! We all have to start somewhere! I'm my own worst critique! I'm just so hard on myself.. I look at my work for ages and nit pick what I could have done better and convince myself it's terrible.

How's the microblading going? xxx

Latest posts

Back