First micro ring installation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shez_c86

Reaction score
I completed my first micro ring installation yesterday and just looking for advice. We brought 3x packs of 50 strands (1g) and we had about 15 left over. The girl had super thick hair and as she was still at college her mum didn't want her to have too many as she ties it up a lot. I managed to get in 4 rows at the back then 2 round the side and across (so 6 at the back in total) the colour match was brilliant but on the top layer where she has coloured her hair the ends were slightly lighter than the rest as her colour was fading. I found the underneath went in perfect and the sides looked lovely but it was as though she needed another 2 rows at the back? We didn't put any more in as we didn't want to overload her straight off (I said I was more than happy to go back and put the rest in if she decided she wanted more) her mum is a hair dresser so wanted to blend herself and was more than pleased with the outcome but from my point of view I felt more would have been better. Question is, how many rows would you usually put in someone with very thick hair? I didn't feel I could get any more in and keep it comfortable? Iv attached photos so any tips would be fab. The family were lovely and were very pleased with the result but from my point I think she could have done with more at the top but was difficult knowing how far up to go without installing on the crown! She had a very blunt cut too so don't think this helped blend, as I said her mum is blending today as it was getting very late last night when I'd done. She said she would just slightly razor the natural hair and was happy to do this (we had spoke about it during consultation so was always the plan as she knew we would probably need it with the hair being so thick)

Attachments

• IMG_0554.JPG
    IMG_0554.JPG
    335.1 KB · Views: 151
For thick hair you should take smaller sections, it doesn't look like there's enough thickness in your photo that's most probably why it's not sitting right with you

I think a row or two of that lighter colour on top would look better too, it would disguise the line more if colour was perfect x

You don't let the client tell you how many extensions they have in.. sure, if it's a half head then do that. But if they want length, then you need to put in what you think should be in

After washing should blend better

Latest posts

Back