First MMA experience??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruthlm

Reaction score
I was wondering if this could be a case where products comtaining mma had been used. I had a lady contact me via my website asking of advice on removal od acrylic nails, I advised her to come to myself and never heard anything from her so assumed she had had them taken off elsewhere. I got a call from alady wanting her nails removed, I had a spare 45mins so said if she wanted to nip down at this point I could do it for her. She came down and I was shocked at how much regrowth was there, with not a lot of lifting, she told me she had had them on for about 2 month!! I was suspecting at this point, I doulbe checked with her that it was acrylic, and from what she described it was, while filing the surface I noticed it was a different consistency, after 10 mins of soaking with no budging, I told her what I thought it was and explained I think the best way to go was filing off, it took me about an hour to do, during this time she said she had been to another 2 salons that had said that they couldnt get it off and didn't want to file, I didn't notice any fishy smell when filing and have heard that this is common?? It was a lady that came to her house to do it, and she had advised soaking in acetone to remove, thankfully it wasn't aplied thikly, do you think this was product containing mma??

I soak of quite a few MMA sets, they do take longer to soak but will STILL SOAK OFF. Also they do definetly (to me anyway!) smell really fishy when soaking/filing. It's weird that even though it was a thin application it wouldn't budge.. My first thought would be that the client was confused and it was a buff off gel not L&P, maybe the tech told her it was acrylic? Some people we get in are adamant they have had one thing done when it is actually another....

I thought this as well?? I asked the client what the tech did when she was applying the nails, she said sfter puting tips on she dipped her brush into liwiod and then a powder, I doulbe checked by asking if she had to put her hand into a light and showed her my uv light, she said no? the accetone wasnt doing anything to the product whatsoever, and she had said the other tech had said the same thing and also she had tried soaking them herslf. I have no experience in acrygel?? does this use acetone for removal, its the only thing I can think of that would involve powder and a kind of liquid, its flumoxing me???

Iv done training in acrygel it does sounds like that what it is as there a nitemare to remove but it does use a uv lamp to cure and they are a buff off gel soakin off wont remove them hth xx;)

Latest posts

Back