First No Show!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luxury Beauty

Reaction score
Yesterday had a client call asking got a bikini wax for as early as possible so i gave her the 9am appointment.

Its now 10am and i am still waiting! its frustrates me that i could have been doing something better with my time and i had to get up early for this appointment!!!ARGH!!!

from now on im gonna start taking deposits - people just take the piss sometimes!

sorry for the nag - just had to get it out!

It happens to us all hun ... thankfully not too often.

Clients huh.. you can't live with them, yet you can't live without them!

Enjoy the rest of your day :hug:

I would cal/textland leave a bright and breezy message saying 'Hi Sue, just checking that you're ok as you didn't show for your early appointment. Hope it's that you just forget to let me know you wouldn't be coming and not beacuse you're unwell or something. Hope eevrything is ok with you and give me a call if you'd like to arrange another time. Take care Sue.'

That way, you're letting her know that it didn't go unoticed but you're also leaving the door open for her to book again, rather than avoid you like the plague. She probably overslept but you never know if she's had a crisis of somekind.xxx

I take most of my appointments on my mobile. I save the number of all clients who book in my phone, usually just their first name with a 'z ' infront so I know they are clients and they are also at the end of my address book. If they don't show up I add 'NS' to the end, if they call again and rebook I mention they had a previous appointment - similar line to Kim's above. If they don't show up again I change the 'NS' to 'PRE' indicating that if they don't show up again, if they make another appointment they need to pre-pay for their appointment.

If they are really annoying or I just don't like them i put 'IGNORE' at the end so that I don't even have to talk to them.

Mat

i agree with kim's suggestion, thats the best way to deal with clients like that!

i think mat's way of using codes in your contact list is cool....gonna give that a whirl!

xx

If clients have been in the salon before & miss an appointment, we phone them, saying something similar as mentioned by THE BROW QUEEN.

If it's their 1st appointment, we tend not to bother these days, because if they can't make an effort for their 1st one, we don't want unreliable clients in the salon. Let them be unreliable and miss appointments elsewhere.

well, i guess u could look on the bright side, that she wasn't booked in at 8am? Most peeps are up at 7am to start work at 9am usually.
So could hav been worse!
I think if you start taking deposits for new clientele, it will turn the good ones away.
Everyone gets them from time to time. Dont sweat it too much!

Latest posts

Back