First official day as a mobile stylist!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey guys so I’ve recently left my salon job of 7 years - I’ve been doing bits mobile but I’m interested in learning more about mobile. Tomorrow is my first official day! Yay!
Does anyone have any must have tips or advice - I like to think I’m pretty organised but I’m aways open to other people’s thoughts

JW

Good Luck!

Just take each day as it comes :)

Being well organised is really important so it sounds like you’re already well on the way to success.

My tips include:
keep a checklist of what you need that you can tick off as you pack your car.
Update your records daily. It’s much easier than leaving it and then trying to catch up later. So - client records, colour and products inventory, log invoices, monies in and out, etc. It doesn’t have to be complicated, keep it simple.

What about joining the Freelance Hair Association to get support from other people in the same situation

Clean up the hair after you [emoji6] clients will appreciate it
Put down a plastic sheet to protect their floors
Lots of xtra towels

Professional kit laid out nicely, covering their tables and things you use that they own. Although not earning over 85k for tax purposes, you should keep every bit of money organised of what you have made etc. Prepare for the unexpected and clients maybe wanting the polar opposite of what you originally discussed.

Professional kit laid out nicely, covering their tables and things you use that they own. Although not earning over 85k for tax purposes, you should keep every bit of money organised of what you have made etc. Prepare for the unexpected and clients maybe wanting the polar opposite of what you originally discussed.

£85k is for VAT - it’s around £11k for Tax

Latest posts

Back