First "real" appointments tonight

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viks

Reaction score
Im getting pretty nervous now - I am qualified with NSI and am starting my nail & beauty business in my spare time ( I currently work full time) to get a build up of clients before taking the plunge into going mobile full time. I have done many sets of nails but on people i know. Tonight I have two appointments with total new clients and I'm excited but at the same time nervous, I know this could be the start of something big or if anything goes wrong could put me off for life!
Anyone have any tips or advice to keep me relaxed?

Thanks xx

Don't make promises you can't keep - like telling someone that you can do a full set in a hour if it takes you 3!
Listen to what your clients say, get to know them and keep smiling.
Don't try to rush, take your time to get it right.

If you get into conversation, talk to their hand, not their face - as I have been told many times by fellow geeks! Helps to keep you focused.

Enjoy it....it's exciting.

Everything that Gelly said. Also make sure you have everything you need set out in a logical fashion so you don't end up hunting for things. I know that sounds obvious, but I was really disorganised when I went to my first client and ended up looking a tad unprofessional to say the least!:o If you know everything is to hand you'll feel much calmer. Good luck!

Don't make promises you can't keep - like telling someone that you can do a full set in a hour if it takes you 3!
Listen to what your clients say, get to know them and keep smiling.
Don't try to rush, take your time to get it right.

If you get into conversation, talk to their hand, not their face - as I have been told many times by fellow geeks! Helps to keep you focused.

Enjoy it....it's exciting.

I havent told them how long it will take, I can do a set in about 1hr30 anyway. I think the hardest part fro me will be to "talk to their hand" I have a problem cos Im chatty and end up getting into a full conversation and am so used to eye contact I kind of feel rude or impolite if i dont maintain it. I will keep this in mind.

I have taken all the things I wont need out of my case as I had loads of doubles this will help me not get cluttered and confused. I have the things I need and nothing more, Thanks both of you for the advice!! :hug:

Good point Sals!
I forgot my extension lead when I went to my first 'real' appointment.
Got myself all hot and botherd!!

I have a portable table and chairs also would you take these the the house first or see if they have suitable facility to use theirs?

Do you have anything to cover their table with (I use a plastic table cloth)? If so go and have a look. No point unloading everything if you don't need to.

I just have towels and some thick bed roll and kitchen roll. I could get a plastic table cloth on the way home from work before appointment great idea i never thought of again thanks, the people on this site are so friendly and helpful xx

I just have towels and some thick bed roll and kitchen roll. I could get a plastic table cloth on the way home from work before appointment great idea i never thought of again thanks, the people on this site are so friendly and helpful xx

I'm just dead clumsy and worry about knocking things over!:lol:

Try to remain positive and calm (easier said than done lol)

I couldn't hack it mobile, I used to get really stressed over all the things that could go wrong and it never got any easier for me. I am abasolutley fine in a salon tho !

Try not to think about it to much & take your time when setting up, they will probably ask you if you'd like a drink when you arrive but if not ask for one anyway as this will give you a few mins to set up and get prepared.

Im not much use really as haven't done mobile for ages, good luck and im sure everything will go well :hug:

I can tell you not what to do as i did........

shakey hand syndrome,

It was awful, after a few i was fine but i managed to do quiet a good set and the client was well chuffed with them she was surprised as i was so shakey

Good luck to you, you will do great a great job im sure x :hug:

Juliexx

I can tell you not what to do as i did........

shakey hand syndrome,

It was awful, after a few i was fine but i managed to do quiet a good set and the client was well chuffed with them she was surprised as i was so shakey

Good luck to you, you will do great a great job im sure x :hug:

Juliexx

Forgot about shaky hand syndrome! :lol:

lets hope i dont suffer from that one then!!! ill let you all know how i get on! x

:) HEY GOOD LUCK YOU !!!!
Im soon doing what you are im still fulltime too and plan on new year new job etc !!!!
im sure you will be fine take your time and be proud of your first two paying clients

best of luck babe
paula xxxxxxxxx

:lol:

Good luck and well done on getting your first clients.

Let us know how you get on

Ruthx

Good luck I hope it goes well. My tip is - I always keep my kit box in the same order, so I can find what I am looking for without any fuss. It also keeps everything upright and unspilt.

Let us know how it goes.

Julie xx

let us know how you got on! sending my "calm, professional, doing a good job"vibes to you right now:green:

can't wait to hear:hug:

well thanks everyone, clients were really happy with their nails, took 1 1/2hrs each set. I got a tip and another appointment tomorrow from it!! hopefully this is a good sign of things to come! thanks so much for all the support and advice xx

well thanks everyone, clients were really happy with their nails, took 1 1/2hrs each set. I got a tip and another appointment tomorrow from it!! hopefully this is a good sign of things to come! thanks so much for all the support and advice xx
Well done hun, sounds like your future plans are not too far away :hug:

Well done!! See confidence was all you needed!! :) :hug:

Latest posts

Back