first record?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no, I think it was coast to coast.

do the hucklebuck, do the hucklebuck.
wiggle like a snake, waddle like a duck
thats what you do when you do the hucklebuck!!!

hahaha

My first single was 'Me and My Girl' by David Essex (swooooon!!):lick:

First LP was 'This Old House' by Shakin' Stevens :lol:

Ah, those were the days...........................................

First single was Modern Romance's Best Years of Our Lives. First album was Whams! Make it Big.

Think mine was 'Friday night' by the kids from Fame

First album was - wait for it - the best of the Nolan sisters. I loved them!!!

First singles were Rockin all over the world by status quo and sunday girl by blondie lol

Mine was San Francisco by Scott Mckenzie it was 1967 and it cost 7/6d thats 37.5 pence to you lot:)
Why do I answer these and reveal how ancient I am:lol:

Had the hots big time for Eric Faulkener!!

Eric is Mine!! MINE!!! *LOL* He sure looks different these days eh? :eek:

I'm not sure which was my first single, it was either, now don't laugh, 'Devil Gate Drive by Suzi Quattro, 'Billy Don't Be A Hero' by Paperlace or 'Seasons In The Sun' by Terry Jacks......

....... oh, I feel so old........... :eek:

I'm not sure which was my first single, it was either, now don't laugh, 'Devil Gate Drive by Suzi Quattro, 'Billy Don't Be A Hero' by Paperlace or 'Seasons In The Sun' by Terry Jacks......

....... oh, I feel so old........... :eek:

... and now I am singing away to all three of these! how did it go - do do do do dooo goodbye to you my trusted friend ... and now i can't remember the next line oh heck, in fact i prob got the first one wrong, but I remember the chorus ... I think lol!

Oh, no, this is truly sad, my first tape I can remember was an Alvin and the Chipmunks one when I was about 7 - Chipmunk Punk. I was sooooooo cool. It had all the good songs on it - My Sharona, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Call Me. Ah, the memories.

I got Uptown Girl by Billy Joel as a present and played it incessantly! I still love it now but hate the Westlife version.
My parents had the world's oddest record collection so I am probably the only 30year old who knows all the words to "seaside shuffle" by Terry Dactyl and all the songs on "The Roussos Phenomenon" EP!
I am lethal in pub quizzes though :)

God...I was already old then :lol:
Not sure what the first one I bought was...could have been Kate Bush Wuthering Heights or Dead Kennedys Holiday in Cambodia...I've always liked lots of different stuff:eek:
Plus my first bf was a punk and I needed to know all the words to impress him:lol::rolleyes:

I love Kate Bushs' Wuthering Heights. Hubby listens to the Dead Kennedys.
I'm ashamed to say that I can't remember what my first lp was.:o

Last edited:
... and now I am singing away to all three of these! how did it go - do do do do dooo goodbye to you my trusted friend ... and now i can't remember the next line oh heck, in fact i prob got the first one wrong, but I remember the chorus ... I think lol!

...... "we've known each other since we were nine or ten.... together we climbed hills and trees......" etc.... etc.... Brings a tear to my eye even now! *LOL*

My first vinyl record all of my very own was: Hold me close by David Essex.
Also shawaddywaddy- under the moon of love -I can remember too.

xx

Oh this is bringing back memories from the 70's.........................my first 45 was 'How can I be Sure' by David Cassidy.

I remember the words to 'Seasons in the Sun' as in drama at school we had to make up our own dance routine to this.........................I'm remembering some of the movements now................Pans People eat your hearts out!!

Everybody Salsa .... Modern Romance.........

Omg cant believe i just told everyone that lol

Champagne x

haha
theirs no hope for any of us is their?!!!

:eek:

Latest posts

Back