first record?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
So, what was your first record that you went to woolies to buy?

Mine was

Do the huckle-buck don't know who by.
Fashion by David Bowie (there is hope for me)

I can also remember buying a Blondie single and Gary Numan - Cars.

Oh dear, I fear this is an age-ist thread :Scared::lol:

"My first, my last, my everything" by Barry White, 45rpm black vinyl.

I don't remember the first song I ever bought, however, I do remember the first record I was given, my nan and Granddad owned a pub and I think my dad "borrowed" it out of the juke box :irked:

Anyhow it was Missing you by Chris De Burgh - how strange lol

Thriller by Michael Jackson...i actually wanted to buy Billie Jean but that was sold out...:lol:

Super Trouper by the one and only Abba. I sent my brother to buy it for me - I don't think he's forgiven me yet!

I went with my Mum to Woolies and she bought me 'we love you grandma' song!!!!! :eek:

Joesph and his amazing technicolour dream coat > Jason Donovan :o

mine was given to me by my dad it was "the who" substitute and i have loved them ever scince

My first and only record was Band Aid & it cost me 50p. Tapes for me after that:eek: Christ I feel so old I might as well say gramophone record as tape, my kids looked at a tape as if it had fallen out of the sky the other day:lol:

Ok Here i go,
my first single was Alvin Stardust, my coo ca choo.

ok ok stop laughing and pick yourselves up off the floor.

deb x

TLC ain't to beg sometime in 1992

think my first was now thats what i call music (yes the very very first one) it was a double tape i bought with my birthday money,

and i remember thats song

'you do yhe hucklebuck, you do the hucklebuck, if you dont know how to do it then your out of luck, twist your baby in twist your baby round' lalalalal

im sure they were called coast to coast, but the chubby checker version is good too

i am sure mine was bucks fizz...the popular song...memory gone...went awhile ago!!!!!:o:o:oxxx

i am sure mine was bucks fizz...the popular song...memory gone...went awhile ago!!!!!:o:o:oxxx

Making your mind up?

Mine (and I am showing my age here lol) was Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes - Don't leave me this way.

My mum bought me mine (or did I use birthday money ?? hmm mabey I did)
and I bought 2 at the same time,
The lambada,
and
Suddenly - Angry Anderson (theme tune from scott and charlenes wedding in neighbours)
:lol:

My first single was either Can the Can by Suzi Quattro or Slade's Merry Christmas - both on 7" vinyl. However my very first record was the soundtrack to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - oh god how I wanted to be Truly Scrumptious and swing on that swing!

My mum bought me mine (or did I use birthday money ?? hmm mabey I did)
and I bought 2 at the same time,
The lambada,
and
Suddenly - Angry Anderson (theme tune from scott and charlenes wedding in neighbours)
:lol:

God...I was already old then :lol:
Not sure what the first one I bought was...could have been Kate Bush Wuthering Heights or Dead Kennedys Holiday in Cambodia...I've always liked lots of different stuff:eek:
Plus my first bf was a punk and I needed to know all the words to impress him:lol::rolleyes:

My first LP, that's Long Play record (on vinyl) - not liquid & powder!!!! was The Bay City Rollers!!! Had the hots big time for Eric Faulkener!! You should see him now OMG where's the puke smiley when you need it! lol! Mind you, I've changed a tad too!! See link

faulkner,%20eric.jpg

http://www.starlightmemoriesofdawn.com/mediac/400_0/media/perform.5.jpg

Can't really remember my first single, as my brother tended to buy all them.

Then, I was introduced to 'Boston' and bought all their albums on tape!!! But I could only play them when my brothers were out as Mum wouldn't let me have a stereo as they had one and they hated heavy metal!!!!

I had to suffer The Sweet and a record called 'Son of my Father' but can't remember the group ...Brother something & motown stuff.

My first CD was Micheal Jackson's BAD

Last edited:
OMG this is sooooooo embarrassing, the first record I bought was

Brotherhood of Man - Figaro :o:o:o:o:o:o :lol::lol:

Wasn't that Hucklebuck song by Matchbox?

Latest posts

Back