First set after AWFUL SET.JUST DONE CND TRAINING. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisajane

Reaction score
Hiya i just did my CND course yesterday, after TEREIBLE DAY... and TERRIBLE nails on my model, i walked away having learned lots, but with pants nails.

Im sure many of you read my post yesterday re: i cant stop crying....

Well i promised a pic of the next ones I did and here they are. Im actually really pleased with these. Compared to yesterdays!! Trust me they are 100% better!!

I used white velocity tips and mosaic glimmer powder in zone1, and CNDs pink in zone 2 and 3

Be as harsh as you like geeks!

LisaJane xx

EDIT: Bare in mind i did theses with my LEFT HAND!! and im right handed!

actually i dont think youve done a bad job considering you just done 3 days training. just bring in your side walls abit hun, they abit wide, and get the length right for the nail beds, and youll be well on your way. dont be soooo hard on yourself flower:hug:

Come on now, I'm thinking (from your post ) I'm going to see the worst nails ever!! Wrong!

You're beating yourself up too much hun! Not bad at all for the stage that you are at hun, Well blummin' done you and how very brave to post for critique!!

Teri x:hug: :hug:

Oh hun what are you like, these are really quite good, after 3 days training not bad at all, and have a :hug: for been so brave x

Hi
For only three days of nails I think you have done an excellent job, they are a bit wide but other than that I think you are going to do very well. Are the french tips or have you used white acrylic.
Cheers
Rachel:cry: :green:

WoW! I think they look ace! I hope my early attempts are as good!! I am hopefully booking my course today!! Yes at last I have the money saved!! I am getting so nervous already!! I always self doubt myself! Reading your threads for the last couple days has given me some hope. Good luck with yours!!

I too was expecting horrendous nails, I know mine were when I finished my training. I think these are fab and if you follow the advice given will be even better.
Well done, practise, practise, practise. I still am, 2 years on, LOL.

I think youve done a great job...seen much worse by people who have been doing nails for much longer.

keep up the good work xx

You did these with your wrong hand? they are better the the ones i do 'wrong handed' and i been doing nails 2 yrs! I tend to get them wider on my wrong had too for some reason, you've done a good job - do you have any pics of your other hand?? xx

I think youve done a great job...seen much worse by people who have been doing nails for much longer.

keep up the good work xx

Gotta agree with you again today Ang :hug:

The smiles are fantastic, especially if they have been done with your wrong hand :hug: .

If this is what you are producing after day 3, you are going to make a great nail technician if you carry on putting in the hard work xx

Hiya hun, very brave of you to post your pic up! (ive never been brave enough)

These are really good for your wrong hand, I gave up doing pink and white on my own hands a while ago... couldnt do my wrong hand at all.

Well done babe. Dont be so hard on yourself, these are great for only 3 days of training!

Well done you :hug:

Im by no means an expert but as a fellow trainee I would like to say in my opinion you have done an excellent job! If this is what you are producing now on your "wrong hand" you should be winning comps in a couple of years! Im jealous lol:green:

Gotta agree with you again today Ang :hug:

The smiles are fantastic, especially if they have been done with your wrong hand :hug: .

If this is what you are producing after day 3, you are going to make a great nail technician if you carry on putting in the hard work xx

aww thanks hunny,

No really in my DAY 3 i produced the WORST SET Out the hwole class. THats why i was cryin all nite. but after i did these last nite i feel loads better, i havent done my right hand yet guys cos this was my homework for day 3 (to do our right hand) ill probs soak them off tomorrow tho

then ill post pics end of the weekend.

Theyre white tips with clear shimmer in zone1

xx

i didnt do zone 1 with white arylic (i used the edge of the white tip as a guide for my smile) but have to say th4e acrylic didnt go over into zone 2 anyway! i think it helps your frame of mind as last night i was really chilled out and calm - everone else was in bed.

So you think i should shorten the sidewalls? whats not-right with the length? too short or too long?
Thanks for ur critiques guys xx
LJ xx

pat yourself on the back hun
just bring in those hips...holding your file straight whilst you file the side walls should help
and less white the rule of thumb
2 thirds pink and 1 third white this should make them look alot sleaker
brilliant job though :hug:

well done:!: .i think you have done yourself proud.your smile lines look really good.i would say they look abit to thick,and i also agree with some of the other comments,but hey im not perfect either.youve got more guts than me as you posted a picture.lol. keep up the good work.xxxxxxxxxxx:)

I think you have done a lovely job. You should be proud of yourself. Welldone and keep at it.

Sarah x

I can't really add to the comments/pointers you've received already but just wanted to say stop being so hard on yourself, if you're doing work like this after 3 days then think how good your work will be in 3 months!!!
None of us were producing kickass nails after only 3 days Lisa.

Lisajane these are not bad at all infact if you slim them down and make your smile slighty higher and more smiley they would be fab xxxxxxxxxxx Thanks for sharing well done :)

You know what, Lisajane, I would have been thrilled to produce nails like that after 3 months!
You really have done well for your first set. You keep up the practice and you'll find your true potential!!!

Good on you.:)

Latest posts

Back