First set lash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msophie

Reaction score
So I did my lash extension course yesterday, and had my sister patch tested last week ready for today! I did my first set! Well, most of my first set! Started quite late and after an hour and a half we both started getting tired so she’ll be round tomorrow to finish off! They are nowhere near good, let alone perfect. Her lashes naturally are very crossing over each other so isolating was definitely a challenge! However considering they’re my first set, I’m very proud and would love any opinions/criticism to help me improve. I’m not loving the glue I have, I loved the AH Francis glue used on my course so am leaning towards purchasing that, although recommendations are welcome! And I only got my tweezers off amazon and they’re not the sharpest so in the market for a new set of those aswell if anyone has recommendations for those aswell!

Attachments

• 4ED21025-DCD1-4E26-8A55-F70C9B45DE18.jpeg
    4ED21025-DCD1-4E26-8A55-F70C9B45DE18.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 841BA49E-9089-41DC-84C2-632BB3C1F544.jpeg
    841BA49E-9089-41DC-84C2-632BB3C1F544.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 130
  • C9BBFC13-F53A-4286-9EDC-58755A6183ED.jpeg
    C9BBFC13-F53A-4286-9EDC-58755A6183ED.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 130
I think these look good for your very first set! Well done xx

I think these look good for your very first set! Well done xx
Thankyou so much! I finished doing them this evening, this is the final product! xx

Attachments

• B39B5B07-604C-41C7-B33D-549243523924.jpeg
    B39B5B07-604C-41C7-B33D-549243523924.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 113
They are amazing, especially for just your first set. Please, what curl and length did you use?

They look really good, very talented. Ive goty course next monday. cant wait [emoji41]

Thankyou ladies! I wasn’t too impressed with my course, we had hardly any practical time and the theory was literally the bare minimum so I’ve got another course booked in March that my auntie has very generously paid for with a well known company in my area.

Jen, they’re C curl and I did 9 on the inner and outer corners, 11 in the middle, with quite a few 10 scattered throughout, and a few 12 here and there. I sent the pics to my trainer and she asked about lengths so I told her and she said I should stick to small, medium, large but I’m really happy with the mix as I feel they look a bit more natural.

Isabella, good luck! I hope you feel you get more out of your course than I did! I managed to take as many notes as I could with the basic information given, then I spent the whole evening on the internet rewriting my notes and expanding on them.

They look good for a first set, have a look at lash mapping to get help for different looks :)

They look good for a first set, have a look at lash mapping to get help for different looks :)
Thankyou I’ll have a look at mapping!

Thankyou ladies! I wasn’t too impressed with my course, we had hardly any practical time and the theory was literally the bare minimum so I’ve got another course booked in March that my auntie has very generously paid for with a well known company in my area.

Jen, they’re C curl and I did 9 on the inner and outer corners, 11 in the middle, with quite a few 10 scattered throughout, and a few 12 here and there. I sent the pics to my trainer and she asked about lengths so I told her and she said I should stick to small, medium, large but I’m really happy with the mix as I feel they look a bit more natural.

Isabella, good luck! I hope you feel you get more out of your course than I did! I managed to take as many notes as I could with the basic information given, then I spent the whole evening on the internet rewriting my notes and expanding on them.
Thank you xxx

Latest posts

Back