First set of extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennMT

Reaction score
Hi this is my first set of extensions iv done today since my course. Just wondered if i could get opinions on how u think theyr looking. Im pretty pleased for my first shot. Interested to see what more experienced extensionists think...

Attachments

• 1379265992816.jpg
    1379265992816.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 259
  • 1379266029677.jpg
    1379266029677.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 250
  • 1379266050261.jpg
    1379266050261.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 252
I little tip for you match the ring to the natural root not the extension you are putting in, I can see the light ones on the underneath row, it makes the much less noticeable :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks. Yeah we thought of that once id ordered brown and blonde rings lol. So i just used blondes in some of the middle back so wouldn't be too noticeable. Ill know for next time then ;-)

Hi this is my first set of extensions iv done today since my course. Just wondered if i could get opinions on how u think theyr looking. Im pretty pleased for my first shot. Interested to see what more experienced extensionists think...

Love it looks stunning x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I keep a good stock of rings so I didn't have to order every time and if you have a good search you can normally get them cheaper if you buy in bulk, I use brown the most ,some places do a light brown they are good for blonde clients :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Also I would cut the tips down a bit :) xx

I think your first row should be higher up. Tips could be trimmed.

Personally, I'd leave less of a gap between rows and add more extensions for a fuller effect.

I was taught not to leave spaces if its a full head is that wrong :-/ xx

I was taught not to leave spaces if its a full head is that wrong :-/ xx

I was told to leave a 1/2 inch gap between rows, but I have learnt that sometimes its not always possible. It all depends on the clients natural hair.

I was only taught to leave gaps if half head xx

Yep i Will build my stock up now i know what im doing :) tip trimming good tip too. I did do another couple rows on top of that one shoulda taken pic of final row.
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek mobile app

Charjem what do u do your an expert lol xx

Charjem what do u do your an expert lol xx

Lol. It depends on the client. There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to gaps. For thin hair, I don't leave any gaps. Medium to thick hair, I keep my first 3 or 4 rows together and gap the rest out. At the sides, I normally don't leave gaps, however, if the client has a larger head and her own hair is tapered then I can leave gaps.

Every head I do, I do differently.

I find that leaving gaps can contribute to more matting if a tangle teezer isn't used.

I like small gaps done when I get my own extensions fitted, as it feels more comfortable to me rather than a head full of bonds, row upon row. Personal preference.

The client below, has 100 custom made stick tips, large gaps were left between the rows as you can imagine. This is a full head.
y8yzu2a7.jpg

Latest posts

Back