First set of lash extensions, quick question x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenx

Reaction score
Hi, I just did my first patch test, for my first set of semi-permanent eyelash extensions since training.

My question is, on one side (the side she sleeps on) the lashes are a bit criss crossed at the outer edge. When doing the patch test I applied 2 lashes to the outer edge of each eye. I put them on in line with the natural lashes, but one of them was applied to a lash that faces straight ahead instead of slightly towards the outer edge.
So they were kind of facing forwards instead of sweeping slightly to the outer edge - like the other eye.

I hope I am making sense lol. Basically the lashes didn't look balanced when looking at both eyes.

Is there any way I can help correct this for her when she comes to have the lashes applied?
I am doing them tomorrow night.
Thanks,
Jen :hug: xx

Hi Jen, the big thing to remember is that whatever faults the clients natural lashes have, extending the lash can make the problem stand out more! Just like with nails, you need to try to minimise the problem. Always try to stick the lash on straight, iykwim? So if the lash is curved to the right say, then apply the lash straight. It may mean that the bonded area is smaller at the bottom, but the lash will be straight and you will keep your "neat look" You may also find that bonding to the side of the lash in this instance would work better. Does that make any sense at all, lol

That's great, I'll try that when I see her tomorrow night. I saw her at the school gate, and it wasn't too bad, but the other eye still looks a bit better lol.
Will, let you know how it goes xx

Dont forget a before and after pic to start building a portfolio of your work, and to see your improvements as you go along.
Good luck:hug:

Yeah, I had forgotten to take a before pic before I did the patch test :smack:. She was in a bit of a hurry lol.
I'll take one with the patch lashes on as there are only 2 per eye and maybe get a pic when they are all off again.
I have a few friends going to let me practice until I get it right, then it's hopefully just a case of building up speed.
Thanks for the advice xx

Good Luck!

My first set I had to do to a girl (model ) who had her ginger lashes permed. But they were damaged so baaaaaaaad, they were burned, basicly shaped in letter L and faced all different directions. Total mess.
After her any lashes was easy to do, but I was very close of giving up doing lashes :)

I totally agree with Cabinkel and whilst the norm is to apply the same lashes left and right to keep the balance it is also important to have a look at the natural lash line and formation. Sometimes it is impossible to have the same amount of lashes left and right, because for example one side might have fewer or finer lashes or even gaps so you have to try and find a balance between the same amount of lashes/thickness and length but also take a step back and look at the eyes from a distance to evaluate the natural and balanced look! :hug:

Oh, dear Bellalashes, that does sound impossible lol. My training set were quite hard as the ladies eyes kept watering, but managed to get them on. I can imagine I will have days like that too, when I just feel like giving up. I'll just come on here and you can all give me a kick up the behind lol.

Thanks for that advice Britta, I'll keep it in mind for tomorrow :hug:

Jen you can use a heated lash curler to get the natural lashes into the correct shape and position before fitting the extensions,
works every time, hth

Thanks Louise, never thought of that. I have one of those so will give it a try xx

Jen you can use a heated lash curler to get the natural lashes into the correct shape and position before fitting the extensions,
works every time, hth
brilliant idea!!!!!

good luck tomorrow hun, cant wait to see some pics xx
and thanks for the lash curler tip lou will need to get myself some now just in case xx

Hi Jenna,
Great idea from loubylou, Good luck! Let me know how it goes :)
Lou x

i have used so many heated eyelash curlers but they never seem to be hot enough. probably because they were very cheapy
obviously not hot
which ones do you use, coz as u say they are very good to straighten out those crazy lashes
xx

Im very curious now. When I trained I was taught that using heated eyelash curlers were not ideal to use as you curled/straightened the lash as required, and attached the lash. When the lash wants to return to its natural state, as it would, it would weaken/break the bond?? Possibly pulling at the natural lash and the lash/extension falling out quicker.:confused::confused:
I would love to hear how successful this is:hug:

you wouldnt use the eyelash curler after applying the extended lash you would use the heated eyelash curlers as part of your prep it would weaken the bond if used on lashes already bonded etc

Hi, good point :)
I haven't every tried heated curlers but someone had said to me using on extensions it actually melts the glue, would it do that to the lashes as well as they are synthetic?
Jen is going to get back to me, think was going to use the heated curlers at prep stage.
Lou x

Hi, I'm doing the lashes tonight. I am hoping I won't need to use the heated curlers as they looked a lot straighter today and ideally I don't want to have to remove the 2 that I put on as every lash counts lol, I take ages. If they are really crossed over when I get in and have a good look then I will remove the lashes heat them then reapply, but really hope I don't have to.
Yes I wondered too that the lashes would only straighten for a short time and then just revert back to their original state. I know when I use them on my lashes to curl them, the effect doesn't last long, although a little longer if I apply mascara.

Thanks for all the advice, I'll let you know how it goes xxx

you wouldnt use the eyelash curler after applying the extended lash you would use the heated eyelash curlers as part of your prep it would weaken the bond if used on lashes already bonded etc

I gathered that, lol!:lol: What I mean is if you curl the straight natural lash into a curl it dosent naturaly have, surely as it pulls back into its natural state, (as it obviously would), this would weaken the bond???? Id love to know from anyone how returns are after this method. I have a very curious nature lol

Hi, I didn't use the heated curlers as they were straightening up with brushing so just went for it. I got 15 lashes on per eye in about 2hrs, not loads but probably ok for the first go. Got picks in my album xxx

Latest posts

Back