First set with Gelish Polygel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences and lovely pictures of Polygel Biljana! X x x really helpful ☺️

If you use gel polish over polygel can you soak off gel polish or do you have to file off?

If you use gel polish over polygel can you soak off gel polish or do you have to file off?
Unless you wish to remove the whole enhancement, I suggest you file.

Biljana,
You feel if you wrap the nail as you would for soak off gel the Polygon will come off? Didn't think the Polygon would soak off. Just asking for clarification.
Thanks.

Biljana,
You feel if you wrap the nail as you would for soak off gel the Polygon will come off? Didn't think the Polygon would soak off. Just asking for clarification.
Thanks.
I have removed a set with ease. You debulk the Polygel, and then wrap in acetone to remove the rest.

I have removed a set with ease. You debulk the Polygel, and then wrap in acetone to remove the rest.
I do have a picture of the sample of the removal. Takes the same amount of time as gel polish removal after debulking as a matter of fact. But unlike standard acrylic it doesn't go 'goopy'. It is very soft and can even be buffed away. Honestly I have never worked with a product such as Polygel. Two major products that have come out in the last couple of years, to change the way I treat nails, IBX and now Polygel! I truly believe this to be the system to thrash all others, as much as I love both CND and LCN. Now I can have ONE system.

I will keep in mind to take more pictures.
Edited to add:
Seeing as how my clients are now getting away with weeks between fills (which I strongly discourage) I have every right to charge a premium for these nails. The client in the picture is at 6 weeks. Oh how I wish I had taken a picture of them, but like I said, I don't as I do my best not to encourage going longer than 2-3 weeks between fills.

Attachments

• 1496015382731.jpg
    1496015382731.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 476
I do have a picture of the sample of the removal. Takes the same amount of time as gel polish removal after debulking as a matter of fact. But unlike standard acrylic it doesn't go 'goopy'. It is very soft and can even be buffed away. Honestly I have never worked with a product such as Polygel. Two major products that have come out in the last couple of years, to change the way I treat nails, IBX and now Polygel! I truly believe this to be the system to thrash all others, as much as I love both CND and LCN. Now I can have ONE system.

I will keep in mind to take more pictures.
Edited to add:
Seeing as how my clients are now getting away with weeks between fills (which I strongly discourage) I have every right to charge a premium for these nails. The client in the picture is at 6 weeks. Oh how I wish I had taken a picture of them, but like I said, I don't as I do my best not to encourage going longer than 2-3 weeks between fills.
That is truly impressive. I completely understand you not wanting them to go longer than 3 or 4 weeks. I have always used CND and have never even considered using a different product. Polygel definitely has my attention.
Just out of curiosity what was the reason you completely removed the Polygel in the comments before?
I would very much appreciate pictures you may have.
Thanks.

So just to clarify, polygel is a buff off gel so if you soak off gel polish it won't affect the poly gel? Or is it best to buff off gel polish?

That is truly impressive. I completely understand you not wanting them to go longer than 3 or 4 weeks. I have always used CND and have never even considered using a different product. Polygel definitely has my attention.
Just out of curiosity what was the reason you completely removed the Polygel in the comments before?
I would very much appreciate pictures you may have.
Thanks.
The set I removed completely was on a girl who had a grad party so she wasn't planning on sticking with maintenance but as a one time thing, she wanted pretty nails. All my other clients have been getting fills. Honestly I am shocked she even came to have them properly removed considering how many 17 years olds just rip them off

So just to clarify, polygel is a buff off gel so if you soak off gel polish it won't affect the poly gel? Or is it best to buff off gel polish?

I thought I was rather clear on the buff off/soak off. But I can say it again, Polygel will be ruined if you wrap it/soak it in acetone. It comes off with ease via wrap method as I demonstrated in the one picture. I repeat, unless you plan on removing the entire enhancement, stay away from acetone. If you are doing a fill/rebalance, use your fille/drill to debulk.

The set I removed completely was on a girl who had a grad party so she wasn't planning on sticking with maintenance but as a one time thing, she wanted pretty nails. All my other clients have been getting fills. Honestly I am shocked she even came to have them properly removed considering how many 17 years olds just rip them off
I see. Yes very true. So I practiced with my product today. Couldn't wait until tomorrow. I LOVE this product. Reading your posts I was regretting not ordering the Master Kit. Now I really regret it. So I will order it tomorrow. It was so easy to work with. I am going to use it to fill a client tomorrow. So excited.
Thanks again for all your information.

I just did my first set with the polygel and I'm totally in love! This will definitely be a permanent service on my menu and I'll be phasing out hard gels. I'm just not sure how much I should charge? What do you ladies recommend? What do you charge for full sets? Overlay? Fills? I'm in Kansas in the USA.

I just did my first set with the polygel and I'm totally in love! This will definitely be a permanent service on my menu and I'll be phasing out hard gels. I'm just not sure how much I should charge? What do you ladies recommend? What do you charge for full sets? Overlay? Fills? I'm in Kansas in the USA.
These puppies need to be charged a premium! I had another client yesterday come for a fill, but she wasn't back to see me for weeks (5-6wks) so luckily I booked enough time for a new set. I charged her $85 for that rebalance. I am in Canada, Calgary. She rebooked for 3 weeks this time, and if she doesn't go longer than that I am comfortable charging $65. She loves these so much, she doesn't care.
However, as it is with all product, there are those techs that will decide to undercut everyone else in their attempt to compete for clients, and it will make it more difficult for those that do charge their worth.

These puppies need to be charged a premium! I had another client yesterday come for a fill, but she wasn't back to see me for weeks (5-6wks) so luckily I booked enough time for a new set. I charged her $85 for that rebalance. I am in Canada, Calgary. She rebooked for 3 weeks this time, and if she doesn't go longer than that I am comfortable charging $65. She loves these so much, she doesn't care.
However, as it is with all product, there are those techs that will decide to undercut everyone else in their attempt to compete for clients, and it will make it more difficult for those that do charge their worth.
How much do you normally charge for acrylics?

How much do you normally charge for acrylics?
Hey there, I'm in Oklahoma and was curious what your prices are? I feel like I'm undercharging for my work, but I'm trying to stay competitive with the Asian shops.

Hey there, I'm in Oklahoma and was curious what your prices are? I feel like I'm undercharging for my work, but I'm trying to stay competitive with the Asian shops.[/QUOTE
I'm in Michigan.
I charge $30-50 for acrylic fills, back-fills and full sets.
I wouldn't charge less to compete with them. People will pay for good service.

I had a feeling. Good for you. I'm in Michigan and those prices would be considered high.
What files do you use for the Polygel?

Thank you for the info!

I had a feeling. Good for you. I'm in Michigan and those prices would be considered high.
What files do you use for the Polygel?
I am mid range in Calgary. Calgary is a pretty expensive place to live but it is also a city where all the young professionals live and work and money flows (little less during these economic time) but I have marketed myself to women without children, retired people and men aka disposable income. I don't take brides, or one offs (unless a good friends daughter is graduating).
I use a 180 grit.

Latest posts

Back