First set with Gelish Polygel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just arrived today! I am excited as punch lol had my first play.

Easy to work and manipulate, stays well
However, I was led to believe it does not move AT ALL, well it does. Gravity does pull it, will try to see if lowering my thermostat helps, although I keep it cool at 21C, it shouldn't have made that much difference.

There was a couple of nails where I was "cheap" on the white and ended up having to have to add more product. That does not work! After the cure, when you file/buff into shape, the areas where you had to add more product, peels away easily! I can't stress that enough, it will not stay, it has to be applied in one single bead.
Which brings me to my next issue. Layering and encapsulation of trinkets most likely won't work.

Filing is easy, files very soft and doesn't fly everywhere, which is nice if you are like me and hate dust all over the place.

This is all of top of my head, I am sure I will have more feedback as I do more sets.

It is on the expensive side, so I would add between 10-20% more to the price of sets and fills. My client loves her new nails, they are very very light and she says she doesn't mind at all the higher cost per set.
P. S.
I highly recommend using clear nail forms, otherwise it does not cure under the nail.

Have you done the polygel training?

Have you done the polygel training?
ABS had a day conversion course, it was helpful. Small class so it was nice and helpful.

What gel polish have you used on your last set of nails in your post? That colour is gorgeous!! (completely off topic, I know!)

The nude? It's gelish 'simply mauvelous' but it was discontinued about a year ago.
It's my most popular colour and I've nearly ran out [emoji30]x

Ok ladies, I'm having a hard time with the polygel getting underneath the nail too much. What are your techniques or strategies for this? As I near the free edge I guess it's getting too much product underneath the nail then I have to go back and use the efile to rid of the product underneath. Do all of you cap the free edge also? TIA!

As for pricing....I think it's much pricier in Canada vs USA correct? What are you ladies in the USA charging for full sets on the polygel and fills?

Ok ladies, I'm having a hard time with the polygel getting underneath the nail too much. What are your techniques or strategies for this? As I near the free edge I guess it's getting too much product underneath the nail then I have to go back and use the efile to rid of the product underneath. Do all of you cap the free edge also? TIA!

As for pricing....I think it's much pricier in Canada vs USA correct? What are you ladies in the USA charging for full sets on the polygel and fills?
The beauty of Polygel is that you have unlimited time to shape the product. Use your brush to your advantage.
I like to work on the free edge first, I will firmly pat it down, then use my brush to shape the edge and swipe the product up and away from under the free edge. It's difficult to explain. I hope that makes sense.

Can you use white tips with this poly gel?

Do you have to do the course to use this? It works out almost £600 with the kit! I only paid that for my full L&P course!!

Do you have to do the course to use this? It works out almost £600 with the kit! I only paid that for my full L&P course!!
It depends on each country/state and their regulations. Plenty of my suppliers will sell to friends of technicians! However, I like having insurance and my insurer will insure me if I train to use the product.

Just wondering if you could
D use tip with the poly gel a d if so what kind should I use?
Did you fix the discolouration problem? Nail Harmony Spain now have it yah! But I am a bit unsure if there are problems with the tips discolouring.

Did you fix the discolouration problem? Nail Harmony Spain now have it yah! But I am a bit unsure if there are problems with the tips discolouring.
Tips aren't discoloring. Top coat is. Gelish Top It Off was horrible for going yellowish and dull. Nothing else. The system is spectacular.

Tips aren't discoloring. Top coat is. Gelish Top It Off was horrible for going yellowish and dull. Nothing else. The system is spectacular.
Thanks for that, I never had an issue with the Top it Off, but the price of this seems massive compared to equivalent acrylic product. 70 euros per tube plus the cost of the slip. You obviously think its worth it.

Thanks for that, I never had an issue with the Top it Off, but the price of this seems massive compared to equivalent acrylic product. 70 euros per tube plus the cost of the slip. You obviously think its worth it.

It's totally worth it!
When you work out how many sets you get per tube it's pennies.

It's totally worth it!
I second this.
You need very little product. Also, don't overfill the dappen dish, a little slip solution goes a long way, you can always add more solution if needed. I prepare about a 1/3 of what the instructor showed us and I still have plenty left after a set.

It's totally worth it!
Just tried the Polygel for the first time yesterday. So far I really like the product. I have been a loyal CND fan since the early 80's but have clients who have issues with the smells. This will be perfect for them. I have a couple of questions that I cant seem to find answers to. 1. Can you add glitter or colorant to the clear? I have so many clients that love their glitter tips. 2. Could you do an acrylic tip with the Polygel over the bed of the nail? 3. Do you need to use a clear form when sculpting the tip? Some say the product remains tacky on the underside if a foil tip is used.

It's totally worth it!
Great, I decided to get a starter kit to try. It should arrive Monday. I will post how I get on. Thanks for all your replies.

Has anyone tried filling cnd acrylic nails with the Polygel? I am going to try it tomorrow, to see if I can slowly convert a client to Polygel or if I need to start a new set.
On the upside I do like working with the product!

Has anyone tried filling cnd acrylic nails with the Polygel? I am going to try it tomorrow, to see if I can slowly convert a client to Polygel or if I need to start a new set.
On the upside I do like working with the product!

I've infilled acrylic nails with polygel a few times now and it lasts just as well. x

Latest posts

Back