First set with Gelish Polygel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biljana

Reaction score
It just arrived today! I am excited as punch lol had my first play.

Easy to work and manipulate, stays well
However, I was led to believe it does not move AT ALL, well it does. Gravity does pull it, will try to see if lowering my thermostat helps, although I keep it cool at 21C, it shouldn't have made that much difference.

There was a couple of nails where I was "cheap" on the white and ended up having to have to add more product. That does not work! After the cure, when you file/buff into shape, the areas where you had to add more product, peels away easily! I can't stress that enough, it will not stay, it has to be applied in one single bead.
Which brings me to my next issue. Layering and encapsulation of trinkets most likely won't work.

Filing is easy, files very soft and doesn't fly everywhere, which is nice if you are like me and hate dust all over the place.

This is all of top of my head, I am sure I will have more feedback as I do more sets.

It is on the expensive side, so I would add between 10-20% more to the price of sets and fills. My client loves her new nails, they are very very light and she says she doesn't mind at all the higher cost per set.
P. S.
I highly recommend using clear nail forms, otherwise it does not cure under the nail.

Attachments

• 1492132357879.jpg
    1492132357879.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 896
Last edited:
They do look lovely :)

Thanks for this post, I've been wondering since the launch whether to invest in polygel and haven't really seen many reviews on it so far. I use acrylic and gel polish and I'm wondering whether it will replace acrylic or run along side it. Do you think it's a must have product?

If you can't add more after its cured then how will you infill?

If you can't add more after its cured then how will you infill?
Going to have to find out after the class of course. When I filled into shape and the added portions came off I assumed I could add more to the etched surface but that too came off! Might need something sticky (base?) ? Either way, I have to until the class

I haven't seen any demo videos on infills so have no idea what the procedure is like.

Ah ok cool. They look lovely.

Were they quick to do as that seems to be a main selling point

Been looking at this and i thought it looked great but i am just waiting to find more info out before i buy, keep us updated and your nails look great

You have to train to buy which is why I won't buy as dubious it's going to be as good as they are claiming.... I like to at least be able to go and get it done before investing and that doesn't seem possible yet

You have to train to buy which is why I won't buy as dubious it's going to be as good as they are claiming.... I like to at least be able to go and get it done before investing and that doesn't seem possible yet
I had to register for the class and pay the non refundable deposit before I was allowed to purchase.

Were they quick to do as that seems to be a main selling point
Very fast, actually. Full sculped set took me under an hour! Can't ever do that with any of the other systems I have tried. My best selling gel, LCN takes me about one to one and a half hour to do. Polygel was my first try and under an hour, I think once I figure out the tips and tricks and after a few sets it will be the quickest system ever!

Thanks for this post, I've been wondering since the launch whether to invest in polygel and haven't really seen many reviews on it so far. I use acrylic and gel polish and I'm wondering whether it will replace acrylic or run along side it. Do you think it's a must have product?
The speed and ease of application is unlike anything I have ever tried. I have been mastering acrylics and gels for over 11 years and this is by far the best and simplest. Until I do a few more sets and see how it fares on my tough clients, I won't be recommending it as a must have.
Is it different, yes.
They have small and large trial kits, so no need to invest in to a full stock

The speed and ease of application is unlike anything I have ever tried. I have been mastering acrylics and gels for over 11 years and this is by far the best and simplest. Until I do a few more sets and see how it fares on my tough clients, I won't be recommending it as a must have.
Is it different, yes.
They have small and large trial kits, so no need to invest in to a full stock
Do you know if you have to do the training to get the trial kits? Please can you post results and feedback from your client when she returns for infills.

Do you know if you have to do the training to get the trial kits? Please can you post results and feedback from your client when she returns for infills.
I have registered for their class, once I paid the non refundable deposit, I was able to purchase the trial kit.
That is my supplier, it might be different in other places. You need to phone yours.

Just watched a video of how it's done and reminds me of a product called gum gel that I saw demoed a few years ago can't remember who makes it though. Looks exact same application.

Just finished these 15 minutes ago. The fill took me 45 minutes including the polish application and the 2 minutes dry time lol
I was at first concerned about the product not sticking to other cured product but that wasn't the case.

Attachments

• 1492721556221.jpg
    1492721556221.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 507
So far, the results have been spectacular! It is very very light, number one comment from each client, "feels like I have nothing on my nails!" It is wearing extremely well, two sets have come back for their first infill, not a single issue. I have to admit I was sceptical but this could be my new go to system

Attachments

• 1493676332683.jpg
    1493676332683.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 387
So far, the results have been spectacular! It is very very light, number one comment from each client, "feels like I have nothing on my nails!" It is wearing extremely well, two sets have come back for their first infill, not a single issue. I have to admit I was sceptical but this could be my new go to system

Same! Everyone who has had it on has said it's so light and more natural feeling than acrylic.
I've had no issues at all with lifting or problem clients that have the odd breakage due to not looking after their nails. It's a winner all round for my clients so far.

Latest posts

Back