First sets, how long does it or did it take you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 hours, 1:30 - 1:45 if I wasn’t talking. 🤣

Last edited:
As above have all said practice practice practice. It takes time and skill all of which isn’t learnt in a few months. My bit of advice would be to get your technique spot on with the basics first then move onto designs and glitters etc. Have you trained in tip and overlay? Some people find this easier than sculpting on a form.

Most of all keep asking questions, keep learning and perfect the basics. Good luck sweetie x

Thank you, yes I did do tip training but I just like sculpting, I guess I like to make life more difficult lol!! I will keep practising! Hopefully one day things will just click x

Thank you, yes I did do tip training but I just like sculpting, I guess I like to make life more difficult lol!! I will keep practising! Hopefully one day things will just click x
Don’t get discouraged whatever you do. Something that helped me was taking pics of every practice set I did. I can go back and compare and see my progress from 6 months ago until now. If you have the time, time each section (prep, filing, color application etc) you may find that a particular step is taking a significant amount of time and if you devote extra time to practicing that step you may see your overall time improve :)

Thank you, yes that’s a good idea. I know the most time consuming part for me is the removing/debulking. It takes me forever and then if there is any lifting that adds on loads more time because I’m trying so hard to be careful and only file before the lifting, go slow so I don’t hit the natural nail.

Latest posts

Back