First tanning client, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misstapscott

Reaction score
I've just trained in spray tanning and ive got my first paying client in a few weeks, im going practice like crazy but still super nervous! Does anyone have any tips? Thankyou xxx

Fake it till you make it!

Relax, get a little practice in and do as you have been taught.
Even if your nervous as hell, dont tell the client they are your first and they will probably never guess!

Take a towel to put down outside the front of your tent if you are mobile too, i find it helps for a little extra protection.

Once you have done a couple of practice runs putting your things up/folding your tent away etc you'll feel fine :)

I agree! stop panicking you have been trained and as long as you practice you will be fine :) When I did my first client I remember I was shaking a little bit but then she was so pleased with it and I was dead happy. It was over in 5 mins and after that I just kept thinking that the customers had no idea that I had just been trained, and then I started to relax and enjoy it.
Remember - They are the ones standing half naked in front of you so don't worry about a thing :)

Thankyou so much for your advice, made me feel loads better.
Just another question, I have been practising on friends and so far its all looking ok apart from the arms, i keep missing the undeneath of the arms (the bit people call bingo wings) what was do you find best to make sure all of the arms are covered with out over spraying?
xx

Thankyou so much for your advice, made me feel loads better.
Just another question, I have been practising on friends and so far its all looking ok apart from the arms, i keep missing the undeneath of the arms (the bit people call bingo wings) what was do you find best to make sure all of the arms are covered with out over spraying?
xx
get the client to turn side on and lift their arm above their Head and spray from outer wrist downwards then when they face you turn their arms over so palms facing up an spray shoulder to inner wrist, there is a great video on Suntana's website in the tips section which shows the routine that is more or less what I use x

Love it - 'fake it till you make it!' and I was also told the same as beautygeek20 has said, its them stood there naked so there nerves will be through the roof too :)
Suntana's tutorials are great, defiantly worth a look but you'll get there.
All the very best :);)

Latest posts

Back