fishy pedicure!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Face Geek

Reaction score
this was on ugly betty ages ago!!!! :D

I'd do it! But I have to admit my primary concern would be how well the fish are kept- surely changing their water on a regular basis like that is bad for them, and I would be scared of squishing one with my hooves!

lol, yeah what about cross infection!!!
the water may be clean, but the tool (ie the fish) arent very easy to sanitise i would guess lol. :green:

Yuck - I am PETRIFIED of live fish touching my skin, just reading that article has given me goosebumps. Sorry fish peds are not for me - i'll do my own hard skin removal thanks.

Ive read about this type of treatment, it supposed to be great for psoriasis suffers....like me!!

I would definitely give it a go!!!!

id jump up and squish them when they tickle me!

if i had psoriosis i would consider it, they are in waterholes in iceland, people go and get munched on!

So will they be thinking of offering octapus eyelash dying soon?:lol:

4 clients as once, natural products......:lol:

id jump up and squish them when they tickle me!

if i had psoriosis i would consider it, they are in waterholes in iceland, people go and get munched on!

So will they be thinking of offering octapus eyelash dying soon?:lol:

4 clients as once, natural products......:lol:
:lol::lol: thats funny

Lol! Would be very interested to hear from anyone who has actually had one of these! Think it would be too ticklish for me tho! x

It actually works, i used to keep 3 discus fish and i had a loach in the tank to take care of their scales and it kept them healthy,one day i put my hand in the tank to take out the filter to clean it and the loach was sucking at my hand and cleaning the scaly dry skin i had on my fingers. i read of some girl from Glasgow that is a psoriasis sufferer she went on holiday to turkey i think and had one of these treatments but she sat in a whole bath full of them and after the treatment her scaly red patches were reduced and cleared up.Garra rufa fish are known as sucking loaches. They live in hot pools where it is said to feed on the skin scales of bathers which they like doing and completely harmless, reducing dermatitis and other associated skin illnesses hence being named as the doctor fish.

i would certainly have a treatment like this anyday if i had a skin problem.

It originates from the geisha girls, it was part of their beauty regime, and then, yes, it was on Ugly Bettys as mentioned.

My BIL has been talking for ages and ages about going to one of those places where you bathe with fish.

When I went to the caribbean this was a natural thing, swimming or laying in shallow water and the fish would nibble at you it was amazing to be honest and very natural:)

hi sorry i dont mean to offend anyone, but my personal view is, the thought of me doing that has made me feel quite sick, and makes me cringe.

but i feel the need to defend myself in advance - that doesnt mean i think bad of anyone who likes it.

xxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back