Fitnails work station

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbie girl

Reaction score
Hi,
Just looking through my new beauty book from beauty express and have stumbled across a fitnails work station that cures, extracts dust, drys, has a arm rest and finger bowls. Sounds fab as it is all-in-one but quite pricey.
I would like to invest in one but was just wondering if anyone has got one or used one before? Is it worth getting, would you recommend?:)

Thanks

Thought I would move it back up to the top seeing as though I have had no replies:cry: there must be someone out there who has used it? please?

Hi Barbie Girl, I am also looking at work-stations and asked the same question yesterday so do let me know how you get on. I am going to Olympia in May and appparently they will have some there.
Deb

Dont panic hun you might have to wait a bit longer for a reply as the majority of the geeks on here are all off getting ready for Excel.
I have seen this to but the concerns I have is with curing Gel each manufacture has their own Lamp for their Product so not to sure how that would work.

Dont panic hun you might have to wait a bit longer for a reply as the majority of the geeks on here are all off getting ready for Excel.
I have seen this to but the concerns I have is with curing Gel each manufacture has their own Lamp for their Product so not to sure how that would work.
I dont do gel so im not 100% sure but couldnt you just use the bulb from the gel manufacturer that you use in the curing unit in the desk ?

I think these are gimicky and not really worth the money if something on the desk breaks the whole unit as to go back for repairs etc
I would get a fab nail desk and then buy the bits and bobs to go onto it yourself, Extraction in desk is good but built in lamps etc easier to buy seperately :)

I've done alot of research on UV lamps on the market and have found they all pretty much use the same 9W UV bulbs (I kid you not) its just a matter of having the correct wattage for your system ie. Birsa must have 34W etc.

Thanks guys, off to excel now!

I've done alot of research on UV lamps on the market and have found they all pretty much use the same 9W UV bulbs (I kid you not) its just a matter of having the correct wattage for your system ie. Birsa must have 34W etc.

I personally would always use a uv lamp that was specifically designed for the gel i use. there have been many threads on here debating about using any old lamp compared to the branded ones, and it does make a difference to your curing time. It is not the wattage that has the most to do with the curing power of the lamp, it the uv output that cures the gel. Heres a link about choosing the right lamp for your gel.
http://www.salongeek.com/general-articles/35947-choosing-uv-lamp-your-gel-system.html

hth linz x :hug:

I don't want to hijack this thread but rather just to set this one straight, the Brisa lamp is NOT 34w but rather is uses 3 - 9 watt bulbs. Errr I think that is 27!! However the wattage is not 27, it is still considered 9 watts. You could have a lamp with 63- 9 watt bulbs and it would still be 9 watts.

I have done a ton of poking around about uv lamps and the Brisa uses exclusively the 9 watt Philps bulbs (PL-S 9w/10/2P Hg). Creative refers to these these bulbs high efficiency bulbs. If you need replacements, Creative sells these. However, you can also purchase these for your own tunnel lamps. These are the ones I now use as I found a place to get them at a good price. My lamps use 4 of the 9 watt bulbs. I have confidence that my light with the Philips bulbs will cure any gel that requires 6 or 9 watts ( I use Amore and Akzentz), this includes curing Brisa.

I have used many other replacement bulbs for my lamps ( I have 4 tunnel lamps) Ocius, Sylvannia Dulux S9w CF9DS/78 and some cheap brand from China. Another high end bulb is the LynxS G23 in a green box. I have wanted to try the LynxS G23 which are made in the UK as they are touted as being a high end bulb.

It helps to do the research. If you don't believe me, take a look at the bulbs that come with the Brisa lamp or the replacements.

There must be differnt Brisa lamps in Diff countrys then Because in NZ Creative sell the 34W (4x9w - thats 2 bulbs with 2 light prongs on each bulb) for $499 I found a whole sale suppler and also the manufacturer of these lamps.. you can buy them without the "creative" lable pressed into the top for under $150 NZ - they are the same lamp - Sort of like a Bake Bean Company who packs the same beans into 3 different cans with three diff brand lables... the "Creative" lamp can be brought from the manufacturer and if you are a new "lable" they will stamp your name on it. :)

For some odd reason my last post went POOF!

By the way 4 of the 9 watt bulbs is 36, not 34 BUT it would still be considered a 9 watt lamp or a gel that requires to be cured by 9 watt bulb(s).

I checked out the creative website for NZ and it uses the same Brisa lamp as used in the UK and in North America. It is without a doubt the 3 - 9 watt lamp. I had the link in my "POOF POST" for you to check out.

Can you please post the website where these lamps you're talking about are posted. It sounds really fishy to me and I'm not even a Brisa user. Have any Brisa users heard of this before?

By the way, all 9 watt uv bulbs have 2 prongs and 2 pins.

OK What the heck, now my post is back. It's not even April Fool's Day!

There must be differnt Brisa lamps in Diff countrys then Because in NZ Creative sell the 34W (4x9w - thats 2 bulbs with 2 light prongs on each bulb) for $499 I found a whole sale suppler and also the manufacturer of these lamps.. you can buy them without the "creative" lable pressed into the top for under $150 NZ - they are the same lamp - Sort of like a Bake Bean Company who packs the same beans into 3 different cans with three diff brand lables... the "Creative" lamp can be brought from the manufacturer and if you are a new "lable" they will stamp your name on it. :)

To add - There is no other lamp available that cures properly the BRiSA system, we have tried and experimented and as a company will not be able to gaurantee any end result. Service breakdown, incomplete cure, sensativities, balding or worse may result. You may not even notice, but I assure you BRiSA does not cure the same - it has far less UV initiators that traditional gel systems.

Not only that - BRiSA lamps are 9 watt 3 bulb lamp. This still makes them a 9 watt lamp
Wattage ONLY relates to the amount of energy consumed and is irrelevant to the amount of UV output. THE ONLY THING that effects this is:
a) the efficiency of the bulb
b) the efficiency and electrical drive of the power supply and loop circuits...

Unless any of you have degrees in UV - A efficiency and electiral degrees in manufacturing devices I would remind you that you are playing with fire by assuming you know how to look after your clients best interest and working safely within manufacturers guidline. Don't forget this lamp specifically took several years of R&D to get right....! These lamps are not sold from the manufacturer to anyone else bar CND, you are buying a cheap knock off...

Read this article http://www.salongeek.com/general-articles/35947-choosing-uv-lamp-your-gel-system.html Sandi has gone to great lengths to remind everyone to be professional.

One question continues to rise frequently about gel lights. This is great information for those who are relatively new to gels. If you want some awesome information on uv lights and bulbs, check out the Light Elegance website.

Latest posts

Back