Fitness and beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gracemae23

Reaction score
Hi everyone hope your all well. Well my lovely little salon has been open just over a year now it's ticking over and I'm building it all the time adding new treatments etc etc. any way I'm a bit of a fitness fanatic, I train every day and I run a lot through the week too, so next year im booked on to my level 2 fitness instructor course, I'm ridiculously excited about it :) I've got many clients who are interested on coming on runs with me, taking classes and want me helping them with their fitness, I think as you all know you build up such an amazing rapport with clients and they'd like to exersice and be trained by someone they already know. Plus I was thinking I could in corporate my body wraps, environ cellulite treatments, and environs ANP with the fitness too, we all want to look and feel good don't we. My question is does anyone on here already do this? Incorporate fitness and beauty together? If you do I just want to know how you go about it, how you advertise it etc etc. I want to start my business plan in the new year so I'm going to start brain storming now so I have something to start on in Jan. thank you in advance xx

Hi, I am so pleased I came across your post! I have been a beauty therapist for 5 years now and run my own salon. I like you loved fitness too and always danced as a hobby. I did my ETM level 2 last year with future fit and have been teaching my own classes in gyms and community centres since. Have a look at my website GlobeFit | Bringing The World Together Through Dance which I have recently set up. I have to say I sometimes struggle to balance the 2 things as they have both ballooned which is good but I am at the stage where I need more people now to help me out with clients. They do both go hand in hand though and clients will follow you for both classes, personal training and beauty also so I think it's a great thing to do. I have also set up my own personal website Hannah Murphy where I have a health and wellness blog. Where are you based as it sounds like we may be very similar :) x

Make that the three of us!!! Hi girls. Hannah, I would like to say congratulations in what sounds like a fabulous idea put into action! I have just emailed a message to your website. 14 years ago I studied e,t,m step aerobics and have my personal training certificate. Fitness was/is my passion. I danced a little as a child so choreography is an interest of mine. I worked for a few big leisure centres before training in nails and make up before working on make up counters. I have since been a member of the gym and go to classes on a regular basis. Once my fitness level is back to what it was I hope to return to the fitness industry. I currently work within a restaurant and am at a stage in my life where I want a challenge and want to return to my true love. Fitness and beauty.
I am in the South-east and would love to hear how your new venture is going.
Please keep in touch and hope to hear back from my message when you have the time
Best Wishes

Sarah

Hanzy thank you so much for your reply! And for your feedback to be honest I wasn't expecting an answer to this post so I so pleased you replied :). Is there any chance I could see your salon too? I also in the south east in very very fitness friendly area, ive had 3 people this week ask me for pt but I'm just not confident enough to do it with out my certificate. I know there's a massive industry out there for this, I'm ridiculously excited about it. It's nice to see how you have the two business's separate, as I kind of saw myself with the two in one area, like a transformed warehouse or so etching if that makes sense, so people can have there body treatments and training under one roof, but I think there's such a fine between a salon and a gym with a salon in it if that makes sense, and some women feel very uncomfortable going in o a gym for treatments such as their usual shellac and a bit of waxing if that makes sense. I do a lot of exersize, I ran about 16 miles a week walk about 10 and I cross fit train regularly, I just love it! How's your salon going? Do you have many staff for your dance studio as well? I love how you do kids classes although I don't think I could anything for children, I love my baby but I don't like being around other people's all the time, I know that sounds awful doesn't it, I like to switch off and zone out when I exersize as its my hobbie and what I love as well as beauty. Thank you again for your feedback :) xx

Latest posts

Back