Fitness DVD?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Severnrose

Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good fitness DVD? I don't think I want a dancing one as my coordination is pretty shocking and for me to actually be motivated to do it, it needs to be simple exercises!

Also want it fairly short - maybe 30 mins or something as like most people, don't have much time to spare in a day!

I definitely recommend Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. It is about 20mins plus warm up and cool down but I find can fit it in before work in morning! You can YouTube level 1. Will have to buy the dvd for level 2 and 3. Tesco sell it for £5. :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Vicky Pattisom from Geordie Shore 7 Day Slim i think its called x

I second the 30 day shred but it's hard! Really good all over body workout. I find I have to do extra stretches after though so as not to ache too much the next day. I also love love love all my Davina dvd's. Would recommend Davina Fit and Fit in 15 for shorter workouts.

Insanity - it really is amazing and you don't get bored as the exercise changes every 60 seconds - I also have Zumba exhilarate which is good I know it's dancing but it's harder than it looks it's a brill workout x

Insanity - it really is amazing and you don't get bored as the exercise changes every 60 seconds - I also have Zumba exhilarate which is good I know it's dancing but it's harder than it looks it's a brill workout x

Are you kidding?!!! Lol I would be sick attempting insanity! Ha ha!! I am overweight and don't do any exercise at all at the moment so may start with a gentler DVD and work my way up to insanity!! Well done to you if you've managed to complete it - I hear if TOUGH! Xx

Thanks everyone I will check some of them out :) x

I haven't completed , I'm
On day 5 ha ha I do a lot of standing looking at the tv thinking " I'll sit this bit out " 😜

On day 5 ha ha I do a lot of standing looking at the tv thinking " I'll sit this bit out " 😜

Haha this really made me laugh. I got to day 4. Day 5 consisted of standing looking at the tv thinking "yeah...right, like I can even move my legs anymore"

Dont even mention insanity, I did half of the fitness test haha never to be put on again, I couldnt even do some of the exercises on it, am so unfit

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

This would definitely be me!!! Ha ha!!! X

I love Josie gibsons 30 second slim! Only about half an hour, she does a 30 second proper going for it exercise then light exercise for a bit then another 30 second blast, it's supposed to be as good as going for a one hour jog! And she has three stages, for when you get more advanced xx

10 minute solutions is amazing! Can't recommend it enough.
It's in Tesco for £5 or in hmv they do the box set of 4 for £8.99.
I've got all my friends onto it now too lol.
You can choose which area you want to target or do the full body one. It's so easy and I've noticed amazing results.
I never get bored of them and the woman who does it isn't annoying either ;)
xx

I second the 30 day shred but it's hard! Really good all over body workout. I find I have to do extra stretches after though so as not to ache too much the next day. I also love love love all my Davina dvd's. Would recommend Davina Fit and Fit in 15 for shorter workouts.

I love the Davina workout DVDs too! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you kidding?!!! Lol I would be sick attempting insanity! Ha ha!! I am overweight and don't do any exercise at all at the moment so may start with a gentler DVD and work my way up to insanity!! Well done to you if you've managed to complete it - I hear if TOUGH! Xx

For the more simple, gentle but still very effective style of workout, I would thoroughly recommend Leslie Sansone. You can buy them online, but be careful. Unless you have a multi region player, do check what you buy for a compatible region, as she's American. You can see her on you tube where whole workouts are available. :)

I love the Davina workout DVDs too! :)

Davina makes an awful joke in the one I have & I cringe every time, it's just so painful I wish I could dub it out lol but great work out!

Davina makes an awful joke in the one I have & I cringe every time, it's just so painful I wish I could dub it out lol but great work out!

Some of the things she says are a bit cringe! But I've learnt to blank her out and jut do the workout! Lol :D

Davina all the way!! X

I know what you mean about her cringiness, I don't mind her but I don't ever want to hear the skipping story again lol!

Latest posts

Back