Fitting nail forms

Ongen

I’d be super happy for your best tips on how to get nail forms real snug ☺️ I have problems at the sides where the form tends to get more curved than the nail, release cuts seem to make it worse. Gel seeps into the “ditch” between the form and nail and creates a ridge between the natural nail and gel, regardless to viscosity.
I’m currently using Peggy Sage forms but have just gotten the Icon.IQ forms and Akzentz protab forms. Probably watched every single video on YouTube but nothing that has addressed this particular issue... Would be very thankful for some advice! ☺️

ciderella71

You shouldn’t have any ditch and the cuts, if placed accurately, should make the fit snug.
Re YouTube....Young Nails and Kirsty Meakin are my favourites that spring to mind but if if you’re still having difficulty then perhaps a 1:1 or a sculpting course would benefit you.

Ongen

You shouldn’t have any ditch and the cuts, if placed accurately, should make the fit snug.
Re YouTube....Young Nails and Kirsty Meakin are my favourites that spring to mind but if if you’re still having difficulty then perhaps a 1:1 or a sculpting course would benefit you.
Thank you! A 1:1 would probably not be a bad idea. Tbh, I think all the different YouTube educators only make me more confused as they all teach differently... ☺️

NZNailz

There's lots of ways to customise forms when and where needed to get a snug fit under different shaped nails, fingers. This video has a few common ways that may help :)

Ongen

There's lots of ways to customise forms when and where needed to get a snug fit under different shaped nails, fingers. This video has a few common ways that may help :)
Thanks a lot! Love the accent too ☺️ ahhh I said I would try to stay away from the YT videos as they confuse me, but they are addictive! ☺️

Ongen

0B70A383-1284-4225-9AA6-C86E953EA82D.png
So this is as tight as I got them but still get a small lip :/ didn’t do release cuts, only at the thumbs, which seems to have helped keeping them in place.