Fixed an extension mess today

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynn amber

Reaction score
Well today I had a client who had been to a salon 2 weeks ago to get some Balmain prebonds fitted ,

The client contacted me on Tuesday night and explained her situation ,she is a qualified therapist and is training to do hair,

she bought 150 strands of Balmain hair from capital and was going to have them fitted at x salon who is promoting Balmain and has a massive banner in there shop ,i don't know if this stylist has trained with Balmain or not ,

Client though that she would be having all the hair fitted at her appointment being charged £150 ,

She went to the appointment and the stylist put in about 70 strands and said that will do you for now, charged her and sent her off ,no cut ,no consultation verbal or written,she was in about an hour.

They started falling out almost straight away ,she contact the salon several times and got no where ,she has all the correct after care products,

So before I booked her in a made sure she was aware that as soon as I touch it she probably won't get any further with x salon ,and asked her to contact Balmain,traiding standards and before she booked in with me ,so she did but decided that she would come to me anyway today,

Well I have never seen anything like it and felt so bad for her ,what she had in was randomly placed with all uneven sections and tension ,about 20 had came out which she kept ,they were all hollow some where just sliding out in my hand ,

So I did my best to fix what was there and put in the rest of what she had and it looked reasonably good when we finished after a cut ,she was happy ,but I have gave her no guarantees and she understands this as some are still as the other stylist did them ,i spent 3 hours ,i hope thay hold and she can get some time out of them ,

i don't use Balmain ,so an opinion for someone who has trained with them would be good and all other comment are welcome ,no picture I never took any and can't upload anyways :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I'm not trained in balmain either but a friend of mine who is balmain trained asked me to put her balmain hair in. She insisted on me using her balmain connector rather than my own! I didn't argue as she might feel that the balmain bonds adhere better with it for some reason! Anyway she never told me face to face but I heard through a friend that she wasn't happy that they had slid out within a short space of time! I never have clients complain of loosing hair bonds and I was suprised to hear that this has happened. As she was balmain trained tho I trust he was using the correct products but it just makes me wonder if its something to do with what is on your hair before you apply them? I'd be interested to hear from someone who is balmain trained too

Yes I did mention to the client that different brands sometimes need different heat settings and I don't know what Balmains is :-D

I'm not an extensionist, but worked in a salon that had a balmain trained stylist and the hair was put in methodically not random, the hair lasted until we took it out and the client had to buy enough product to last 4 months at time if fitting (a salon t&c).
That was many moons ago, and the quality could have altered since. Xoxo

I'm not an extensionist, but worked in a salon that had a balmain trained stylist and the hair was put in methodically not random, the hair lasted until we took it out and the client had to buy enough product to last 4 months at time if fitting (a salon t&c).
That was many moons ago, and the quality could have altered since. Xoxo

Sounds right ,i really am doughting that this boy is even trained to do any form of extension,but they have the biggest banner you have ever seen in the shop :-D

Any Balmain users out there spread some light on this please :-D

Well today I had a client who had been to a salon 2 weeks ago to get some Balmain prebonds fitted ,

The client contacted me on Tuesday night and explained her situation ,she is a qualified therapist and is training to do hair,

she bought 150 strands of Balmain hair from capital and was going to have them fitted at x salon who is promoting Balmain and has a massive banner in there shop ,i don't know if this stylist has trained with Balmain or not ,

Client though that she would be having all the hair fitted at her appointment being charged £150 ,

She went to the appointment and the stylist put in about 70 strands and said that will do you for now, charged her and sent her off ,no cut ,no consultation verbal or written,she was in about an hour.

They started falling out almost straight away ,she contact the salon several times and got no where ,she has all the correct after care products,

So before I booked her in a made sure she was aware that as soon as I touch it she probably won't get any further with x salon ,and asked her to contact Balmain,traiding standards and before she booked in with me ,so she did but decided that she would come to me anyway today,

Well I have never seen anything like it and felt so bad for her ,what she had in was randomly placed with all uneven sections and tension ,about 20 had came out which she kept ,they were all hollow some where just sliding out in my hand ,

So I did my best to fix what was there and put in the rest of what she had and it looked reasonably good when we finished after a cut ,she was happy ,but I have gave her no guarantees and she understands this as some are still as the other stylist did them ,i spent 3 hours ,i hope thay hold and she can get some time out of them ,

i don't use Balmain ,so an opinion for someone who has trained with them would be good and all other comment are welcome ,no picture I never took any and can't upload anyways :-D

Hey there! I trained with balmain afew years ago and I love It :)
When the fill in extensions are applied they say there is a chance that up to 10% can fall out within the first few days, but its un common!
Doesnt sound like they have been trained by balmain and if they have they should have their certificates torn up!
The extensions should be in rows not random. Also sounds like they havent heated the bonds up properly or have let them cool before re setting them! Good job you could help her! Xx

Thanks for your reply ,i didn't think any one was trained to put in extensions the way he had ,client washed her hair Monday after my fitting on Saturday and has not lost any so fingers crossed it continues like this for a while ,if she gets a couple of months out of them I will be happy :-D

Thanks for your reply ,i didn't think any one was trained to put in extensions the way he had ,client washed her hair Monday after my fitting on Saturday and has not lost any so fingers crossed it continues like this for a while ,if she gets a couple of months out of them I will be happy :-D

Aww good! They're meant to stay in for up to 3 months so fingers crossed! Xx

I know ,she has contacted Balmain and they have noted it ,but he is averting there product and doing this to people ,im not sure if Balmain will do anything ,he has now also told the client if she bad mouths him he will take her to court :-#

I know ,she has contacted Balmain and they have noted it ,but he is averting there product and doing this to people ,im not sure if Balmain will do anything ,he has now also told the client if she bad mouths him he will take her to court :-#

:-O ! Ridiculous! Did she not take pictures of what he'd done either? Cant see Balmain being happy about it as it looks bad on them!
I prefer the balmain double hair pieces rather than the fill ins they're so easy to apply and look lovely xx

I don't think she took pictures :-D

I don't think she took pictures :-D

Mean to ask, around the front were any of them smaller? Balmain train you to cut the bond in half making 'micros' for a more natural look.. X

Mean to ask, around the front were any of them smaller? Balmain train you to cut the bond in half making 'micros' for a more natural look.. X

Lol she had like one left in each side ,she said there wasn't really any to start with ,yes I sometimes half for the front toi if the hair is fine :-D

Hello, I also trained with balmain and never had such problems
this sounds awful but well done to you for rescuing her from a dreadful situation, its these types of so called extensionist that but a bad name on hair extensions!
I cant imagine he was balmain trained as said above they teach you to work in a very methodical way, so everything sits perfectly! xx

I know its awful ,don't think his business will last long if this is the way he works :-D

This wasn't at a salon in the staffs area in the uk is it ? As this salon i used to go to too get my roots coloured said they wud fit my extensions for me as the hairdresser was balmain trained and wud fit my balmain hair but he made a right mess. I brought 200 strands as I have between 150 and 200 strands fitted normally. she only fitted half and i was there all day as she kept stopping to talking to ppl. Plus she was fitting other clients in while doing mine. Then she finished i said there wasnt enough in my head so she said she had run out of time as the salon was closing so wud have to come back next day to have more fitted plus wud cost me extra. but i was desprate to look good so i went back next day and had more fitted. but after a few days they where coming out in handfulls and looked terrible. In the end I trained my friend to fit extensions and got her to refit them . I would never go back there.

Different area :-D

Latest posts

Back