Fixing balyage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olive293

Reaction score
it's been a pretty shit weekend of fixing up other stylists poor work. One poor lady had her hair chemically straightened. Or should I say chemically fried.
Anyway, I have this lady in on Saturday...
She wants to to 'lighten up her balyage'. All I can think to do based on the poor application she currently has is to foil the hair in sections that I would normally freelight and clear some of that orange out to a level 8, maybe 9, and then put a basic semi through the rest. And maybe at the basin on wet hair try to create a softer blend and tone...
Any other suggestions?
Thank you
image.png

Oh my god what a nightmare... That looks like a sloppy job! I would maybe just put a semi on the brown then stretch comb it so its covering those block lines then putting a semi on the ends just to tone the Orange.. It looks quite dry!

Oh my god what a nightmare... That looks like a sloppy job! I would maybe just put a semi on the brown then stretch comb it so its covering those block lines then putting a semi on the ends just to tone the Orange.. It looks quite dry!
Sure does... And doesn't want any cut off. I honestly don't know how a professional can let someone walk out of a salon like this! Apparently the client asked for a natural 'bronde' effect

That's shocking! How do you not know how to do it?? It's on of the easiest thing to do

I wouldn't be so quick to accept her explanation of another salon leaving it such a mess unless you have previous experience of the salon in question.

It's relatively easy these days to buy bleach & peroxide so I wouldn't be surprised if a 'mate' had had a go. After all, it looks so simple on YouTube and youngsters especially will happily dabble with strong chemicals without a moments hesitation.

Sure does... And doesn't want any cut off. I honestly don't know how a professional can let someone walk out of a salon like this! Apparently the client asked for a natural 'bronde' effect

She needs to have a lot cut off!

Explain to her you can't do the service if she doesn't have a haircut because her hair is in such bad condition and it will only get worse after you've coloured it!!

Sell her some conditioning treatments too

She needs to have a lot cut off!

Explain to her you can't do the service if she doesn't have a haircut because her hair is in such bad condition and it will only get worse after you've coloured it!!

Sell her some conditioning treatments too
Well, she is booked in on Saturday so I'll keep you all posted with the 'after'

She cancelled!!!! She is going away for the weekend and instead of offering another appointment I'll leave it up to her to get in touch. I do like a challenge. But I completely under quoted this one to not too bothered at all!

She's going away with her hair like that?
Maybe it's a good thing. Saves you the trouble. If she's really interested in getting her hair fab then she'll come back. That is, if the box dye didnt outbeat you to it :(

She's going away with her hair like that?
Maybe it's a good thing. Saves you the trouble. If she's really interested in getting her hair fab then she'll come back. That is, if the box dye didnt outbeat you to it :(
Can see it happening already... She will box dye and then book in to be blonde.

Can see it happening already... She will box dye and then book in to be blonde.
At least you will be prepared with some knowledge of what to expect so your can quote a price accordingly!

Latest posts

Back