Fixing detailer brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire1991

Reaction score
I have a Naio Nails fine detailer brush. It has started to fluff. Even when I apply product to the brush there’s still the odd hair poking out. Is there any way of fixing this?

xxx

Have you tried giving it a dip in hot water? That usually straightens my brushes back into shape x

I’ve not tried this, I will give this a try today thank you! Would this need to be boiling hot water and how long should I dip my brush in for? X

It doesn't need to be straight off the boil, as long as it's hot, that should do the trick. Just leave the brush in there for about 5 mins, then take it out and pinch the bristles back into shape. You can wrap it in some cling film to hold the shape while it cools down.

If that's no good, I know a lot of people run the bristles through some clear base coat, shape it and then just wipe it on a lint free wipe, it's fine for some base coat to still be left in the bristles, that will help it keep its shape in storage. Keep it's lid on, or if it hasn't got one, you can wrap up some tinfoil for a makeshift lid.

Good luck! x

Latest posts

Back