Fixing gold mids and ends to match platinum roots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbliki

Reaction score
Hi hair people! I have a new client who has bleached at home and has gold banding throughout due to bleaching over previous color. I’d say the mids and ends are 8G, roots are level 9. Would you attack this with back to back foils, leaving out the roots? And then going back and doing the roots? To further complicate things, she doesn’t have time to fix it right away but wants a toner to tone down the gold. I use goldwell and was going to pre-pig the platinum part with 8G and then put a cool 7 (like 7SB) in colorance (demipermanent). When she comes back a week later the canvas should be more even and a bit hard to see where the gold banding really lives. What would you guys do in this situation ?

Attachments

• A27C5127-D1AD-4C3E-AD36-8E0D54ED8727.jpeg
    A27C5127-D1AD-4C3E-AD36-8E0D54ED8727.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 41
I wouldn't colour it, to then have to lift back through it again in a few weeks.
I think your client needs to commit to getting what she wants and stick to it.
Either she needs to settle with a neutral level 7 or she needs to commit to having the ends lightened and toned.

Yeah, I think u are right! As far as lifting the ends do u think back to back foils then new growth? Or is there a better option?

I'd do a strand test first for sure. You may get away with a global bleach.
Strand test and see how well the ends lift.

I'm thinking if they lift well and quite quickly, you could use bleach + 5vol at the roots and then bleach and 15vol on the ends and process together. And then tone :)

I'm thinking if they lift well and quite quickly, you could use bleach + 5vol at the roots and then bleach and 15vol on the ends and process together. And then tone :)
Thanks! Good idea. I will definitely do a strand test when she comes in next!

Latest posts

Back