Flabbergasted as what I deem as child abuse

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did NOT want to cry, but stupid me watched, and howled like a bloody baby.:cry:

THAT'S EXACTLY why I can't just simply shut my mouth, its not in me to be 'blind'.
Just as I wasn't blind about the poor dog up the street... I reported those sods too!

Good for you :) the world needs more people like you! :hug:

Good for you :) the world needs more people like you! :hug:

This is exactly what I was going to say.

You did the right thing at the time, bringing attention to what she was doing, are you are doing it again in reporting her.

As is often the way in life, the right things aren't always the easiest things, but they still need to be done.

and you're right, if you didn't try to help in some way, you would regret it.

Well done you.:hug:

Well done Victoria you can stand up against this woman when her kids can't. They need you :hug: xxxxx

:cry: I wonder how many other people have witnessed this being done to this child at another venue or supermarket, and thought it is not my place to tell I will leave it to someone else, and the next person does the same and the next and so on, until oneday that parent is out without the child because somewhere the child is in hospital or underground, as a parent yourself and a witness to what happend in my opinion is your responsibility to to take action and protect the innocent that can't protect him/herself, You go for it and stick by your guns and help an innocent child, good luck and hope you that it all ends happily.

I have never heard of Kelsey Briggs.......after watching that video i WONT forget who she is.....x

Good for you Victoria, you dealt with the situation very well,
i was in a similar situation a good 10 years ago in a shopping centre,
i spoke to the mother and she told me it was her child to with what she wanted, i saw red,
i am ashamed of what i did but could not help myself, i gave her the beating that she deserved and got a round of applause from the other shoppers,
police were involved,
thankfully i did not get into trouble but this woman did lose her child through it all,
you report her hun, people like this do not deserve to be parents :hug:

edited to add i did not watch the video, i would have been in tears all night (I'm a softy)

I received an answer to the message I left and have to call another number. The person at this clinic though, will check if she has a file with them and notify her caseworker.
Shall keep you posted.

:hug:

that video was very sad and yes i cry cant help it when a little girl that
dont no why she is being hurt get hurt and is in pain
then she get better then the pain comes back

VHUNTER YOU DID THE RIGHT THING NO CHILD SHOULD BE HIT OR
IN PAIN

that's terrible , i wish i hadn't read this. looking at that lovely child in the pictures.
poor little kid, she was surrounded by pure evil. Her life was just waiting to be extinguished by one or all of them.
I just feel so sorry that these little darlings are born into these families. when i see good peeps who are unable to have kids ,which would give a child a wonderful and loving life. how unfair!thg :cry::mad:

Ok, my two penneth...

It's very hard to witness something like this, and I think Victoria did the right thing, and I think I would do the same.

However, I don't think the children should be taken away, I think the mother should be helped. She is probably not the full ticket, or at the very least has a completely uncontrolled temper and SHE NEEDS HELP! Even if her children are taken away, SHE NEEDS HELP. They all need help. She is at the end of her rope I would say.

It happens. She may be a victim herself.

Last edited:
I spoke with a caseworker at Youth Protection. They are sending someone to investigate. They said that they will keep me posted as to whether or not the file remains open or is closed. Dont know why they'd do that, but anyway.
They took the name of the school and teacher. All details of the event and my details too. She asked if I minded being contacted again. I said no problem, that old cow doesn't scare me. I told them I was pretty sure she'd know it was me anyway.

They were also concerned for her treatment of her 2yr old, dragging her about by her arm like she's a monkey (you could dislocate her shoulder that way) and slamming her onto her arse, onto a bench, instead of setting her down gently.

What I can't get over is how many parents did not/do not want to get involved.
It's DISGUSTING!!!

Crossing my fingers for the wee ones.
Thanks everyone, for your support!
:hug::hug::hug:

oh god i didnt see that vid yesterday and am sat now bawling my eyes out:cry:
the poor little love , it made me physically recoil whne it said she broke both legs :eek: the poor love
how can a mum treat a child like this ? i am wondering if they are born without any actual maternal instincts at all ?? coz i would litearlly kill for my kids especially if anyone hurt em !!
blimey i have a go at dave if he even shouts at our kids :lol:

I agree reporting this incident was the right thing to do.

Just some food for thought.....
A lot of people are critical of the other adults who 'did nothing'. What's to say some of them didn't go home and report it?

Sometimes people fear saying something will result in a worse retaliation on the child when the parent gets them home. An abuser is a bully. They will feel humiliated. Do bullies attack people of similar size and power level? No, they abuse the 'weak'. They well might take out their humiliation on their child when they are alone.

I realize the behaviour was horrid, but it's hard to judge what the other adults did and their reasoning.... I support what Victoria did but also understand why others reacted differently.

Last edited:
Sorry if I sounded harsh, Curly...
But 2 of women that I talked to, TRUST ME, they had NO intention of calling and didn't see it as a big deal. "She's stressed out" "She's tired" "She's having a bad day". One of them was even making jokes and saying how they swear at their house all the time. One even said "don't call".

I guess it's a new age, and some people see swearing as every day english and use it in every sentence. But use of the word idiot and the slap.... puts me over the edge.

But with all the tv commercials, movies, articles in magazines and etc... telling everyone "report it!", I don't undersetand how people can still turn a blind eye.

Just this week, there was a child in our city, a 3 yr old... in the hospital. A whole investigation is going on. Apparently, a child was born to a very young couple (19yrs old) and there were problems. The grandfather had apparently called in at the beginning, when the child was only a few months old. And now, she's battling for her life, broken limbs, broken ribs...:cry:

I just don't understand.

Sorry if I sounded harsh, Curly...
But 2 of women that I talked to, TRUST ME, they had NO intention of calling and didn't see it as a big deal. "She's stressed out" "She's tired" "She's having a bad day". One of them was even making jokes and saying how they swear at their house all the time. One even said "don't call".

I guess it's a new age, and some people see swearing as every day english and use it in every sentence. But use of the word idiot and the slap.... puts me over the edge.

But with all the tv commercials, movies, articles in magazines and etc... telling everyone "report it!", I don't undersetand how people can still turn a blind eye.

Just this week, there was a child in our city, a 3 yr old... in the hospital. A whole investigation is going on. Apparently, a child was born to a very young couple (19yrs old) and there were problems. The grandfather had apparently called in at the beginning, when the child was only a few months old. And now, she's battling for her life, broken limbs, broken ribs...:cry:

I just don't understand.

You and me both hun....i dont understand how people can treat their OWN flesh and blood in a way that...will affect them for the rest of their lives.....

It shocks me to read it ....this is what they created out of love and respect so they should treat the child/children in the same way....even if the mum and dad have split...dont take it out on the little ones.....xx

I agree with all of you, I would not hesitate to report anyone being cruel to kids and animals! In fact once I saw a lady driving while her kids weren't strapped in to seats or anything, just standing and leaning over the front seat, so I blocked her off, got out of the car, went over to her and told her to strap them in there and then or I would report her to the police. She did it, very sheepishly! (Can't believe how some people think) crazy!

As you guys are on the subject, just thought i'd add this in case anyones interested:

Every year I throw a charity get together at my house, This year it's for NSPCC so if any of u gals are interested and are in the area on 18th April come by, It's £10 to enter. I put on a load of mexican food and we have a few glasses (a few LOL) of wine. Raffle with prizes etc. It's nothing special but a good excuse to raise a bit of cash while having a girlie night in. Last year we raised £450 for Bowel cancer.

If anyone is interested and would like to come by, please pm me asap so I know the numbers for the evening

xxx

I spoke with a caseworker at Youth Protection. They are sending someone to investigate. They said that they will keep me posted as to whether or not the file remains open or is closed. Dont know why they'd do that, but anyway.
They took the name of the school and teacher. All details of the event and my details too. She asked if I minded being contacted again. I said no problem, that old cow doesn't scare me. I told them I was pretty sure she'd know it was me anyway.

They were also concerned for her treatment of her 2yr old, dragging her about by her arm like she's a monkey (you could dislocate her shoulder that way) and slamming her onto her arse, onto a bench, instead of setting her down gently.

What I can't get over is how many parents did not/do not want to get involved.
It's DISGUSTING!!!

Crossing my fingers for the wee ones.
Thanks everyone, for your support!
:hug::hug::hug:

No, no, not harsh at all.:hug: I fully agree with what you said. Just pointing out in more general terms that some people may appear to be quiet to protect the child. I think those adults you spoke of should be ashamed of themselves.

Good on you for reporting her. People like that shouldn't be allowed to keep animals never mind children.
Poor little boy eh.

When i took over our local parent and toddle group i recieved a goverment pack instructing what i should look out for and when to report, i was shocked to of recieved this as i would have no problem in reporting any parents that over step the mark where discpline is concerened.

Makes you really think about what goes on behind closed doors though.

Latest posts

Back