Flaky Skin on lips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katysnails83

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions what to do with very flaky skin on lips - they are a bit dry but the skin is just flaking off.

Any ideas?

I really like the Lip Scrub from Sweet Squared. I am sure there are others but this tastes lovely LOL.

Thanks Natural Nails - where can I get the lip scrub?

Thanks

From Sweet Squared - Home - the same place you get your CND, if you buy from Leeds. It may be a separate "account" though.

Is is also worth adding that increasing your water intake will help to prevent the skin and lips from drying out, keep well wrapped up during winter months and avoid licking the lips... which i have a terrible habit of doing. :cry:

Vaseline Lip Therapy .... I swear by it in the winter months.

Hi

There is a shop called Never to busy to be beautiful, they do a lovely lip sugar scrub for around £5, you can choose from a range of three. I think you can choose either chocolate, chilli or a normal one, these products are amazing and so is the shop. They also have a website which you can buy off.

Is is also worth adding that increasing your water intake will help to prevent the skin and lips from drying out, keep well wrapped up during winter months and avoid licking the lips... which i have a terrible habit of doing. :cry:

i'm terrible for this too constantly chewing and licking my lips when anxious, they're in a bit of a state at the moment don't know if i could put a scrub on them:rolleyes:

Biting is the worst thing you can do, it makes the lips worse. Molten Brown do a fantastic lip balm, that lasts very well.

Holland and Barrett offer a aloe vera lip balm that has two features protects against the dreaded cold sore and helps to moisture the lips. Very good if you are Vegan.

If central heating is used, the old wives tale is put a bowl of water under your heating, to add water to the air, to help with dryness.

Hope it helps!!

dermalogica do climate control lip treatment which is great xbx

I use burt's bees lip balm as my lips cracked & flaked a lot, its really cool and soothing with vitamin e + comfrey. Its really good and smells/tastes lovely too !
About £2.99 burtsbees.bathandunwind.com

Latest posts

Back