Flammable nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mogwy

Reaction score
Hi, I know that monomer is flammable but would you say that a finish nail was flammable?
Iv never really thought about it until now, let alone tried to set fire to 1. I do remember 1 melting years ago when I used a lighter but not catching light.

Finished nails are not flammable in the sense that they can easily catch fire or must be treated as hazardous products when shipping. But many substances are flammable if the temperature is high enough.

Monomer is not the only flammable nail product. Most cleaners, sanitisers and hybrid gel polishes (which contain solvents), are also flammable and treated as hazardous products when shipping. These will include the flammable warning icon in the product label. If you look in the SDS, you can also find there the "flash point". This is the temperature when the vapours from the product can ignite in air.

I have caught my polished nail on fire when I was a smoker!

I have caught my polished nail on fire when I was a smoker!

Many a morning I woke up hungover with melted and blackened extensions, for some reason I struggled to light a cigarette whilst 'tipsy' ;) :D

Many a morning I woke up hungover with melted and blackened extensions, for some reason I struggled to light a cigarette whilst 'tipsy' ;) :D

I didn't want to mention it, but it always happened on a night of drinking. ;)

Latest posts

Back