Flat brown hair colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jade2629

Reaction score
Hi I am getting my hair done next week, I asked her if I could go to a chestnut brown but with my hair at the moment (I am a faded wella 55/65 with 5/0) I need to go to a flat brown I am perfectly fine with it but was just wondering what a flat brown is and what it looks like? Is it like a ashy brown? X

You shouldn't have to have a flat brown?

That's what my hairdresser said what is a flat brown? Sorry I am not a hairdresser so just curious as to what it is

That's what my hairdresser said what is a flat brown? Sorry I am not a hairdresser so just curious as to what it is

No I understand thats what you've been told but you shouldn't have to have a flat brown; a chestnut is achievable.

Flat brown has no warmth i'll try get you a pick now!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1448575407.252307.jpg

Thank you, that doesn't look bad I think I may suit that better actually, would any of the violet/red tones Come through eventually or would my hair just stay like that roughly?

Thank you, that doesn't look bad I think I may suit that better actually, would any of the violet/red tones Come through eventually or would my hair just stay like that roughly?

If your hair is a 5 now it won't be that light unless your hairdresser removes the red first bit it'll have that sort of tonality.

With maintenance you should be fine but all hair colour fades.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1448576032.188013.jpg

That's my hair at the moment, and yeah I will be keeping it maintained as I am getting extensions put in after

I have no idea what she is gonna do won't know till next week

She ended up putting just a 5 all over my hair which made it look like this
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1449512379.011739.jpg

After one wash I could see the violet tones again so (I know you are all gonna hate me) I stripped the colour out of my hair myself I have some knowledge of colouring hair as did go to college but had to leave a month before I finished(I will be going back to college to finish hairdressing) anyway after I stripped my hair it came out like this
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1449512591.863394.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1449512600.846236.jpg
my roots have gone to a orange colour but the rest like a brown, my mums hairdresser has a light ash blonde she is going to put on it but will my hair need lightening even more before it gets put on? X

Oh my.. Don't color your hair always go to a professional!
Your professional was wrong for not lifting an violet out because of course it would come right through. Violet is powerful.
And now you certainly just can't put a light ash blonde on because your all different colors, your not even blonde.
Your going to have to lighten you whole head to either so the ash blonde or to achieve the color you first wanted!

Oh I won't be dying it myself I am going back home soon for xmas and my mums hairdresser is going to fix it but I just hated it so wanted to strip it, okay so she would need to put some sort of blonde on my hair first before putting the light ash blonde on top? And yeah I would have thought she would take the violet out first but she didn't which I thought was strange as I know you can't hide colours like violet or red just by putting a dye over the top

Your going to have to either bleach the whole thing or foils whichever you prefer but you can't get an ash blonde with brown hair.
Color doesn't lift color!

Also you should of called your hairdresser back so she could of either talked to you about the color again or gave money back if she was aloud!

Ah okay I will have to see what my mums hairdresser thinks is best as she used to do my hair for years before I moved away and I did message my hairdresser today and told her that the violet was coming through and I wanted to go to a ash blonde now and she said to just let it fade first then go from there and I hate confrontation so I wouldn't of asked for my money back

Like I said you would have to lighten it for either color

Yeah thanks for the advice, am just gonna have to stick with orange roots and brown ends till I go back home for xmas and see my old hairdresser thanks again :)

Latest posts

Back