Flat fan shaped nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sequinto

Reaction score
Can anyone plz tell me what is the best nail tip to use for flat fan shaped nails,
and is is best to file down the sidewalls of the natural nail before applying the tips?

sequinto said:
Can anyone plz tell me what is the best nail tip to use for flat fan shaped nails,
and is is best to file down the sidewalls of the natural nail before applying the tips?
I was taught that you should never file the natural nail other than the free edge - was this not covered in your manicure course - check you notes, as you will find this will weaken the nail....however I am sure the geek has a article on her - do a search on Fan nails on the site maybe you can find your answer, I have never come across this myself nail shape before but I am sure one of the other techies can help..

sequinto said:
PS do them oval/round as they won't look very nice squared far more chunky...

sequinto said:
Hi Hun,
Best tips for this type of nail are eclipse or formation...........Reduce the length of the natural nail as much as possible,there wont be the need to file sidewalls as you will have taken the nail right back to the free edge, size the tip to fit the lateral walls...... Reduce the tip contact area........Apply with gelbond and slightly angle the tip downwards to give the nail a nice natural arch.............
Shape the nail oval or almond depending on the amount of flare, the most flattering shape for this type of nail.............

HTH

Thanks Ruth u r so helpful, i look forward to reading your replys for myself and others

if you try creative's web page - in the nvq section you will find some useful tips on various nail shapes including the fan... very interesting reading...

RAQUEL said:
if you try creative's web page - in the nvq section you will find some useful tips on various nail shapes including the fan... very interesting reading...
Yhnx for that will do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back