Flat hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking of Nioxin treatment as I have hair thinning. But I saw many pics on the web of people who got red spots on their skin and irritation cause of the Nioxin treatment.

Update: today I washed my hair and blow dry. The volume is aaaawesome. I didnt even new I had that long hair. xD [emoji173]️
Also I used a lightweight dry oil. It won't make grease my hair. (Already tried in the past)

I was thinking of Nioxin treatment as I have hair thinning. But I saw many pics on the web of people who got red spots on their skin and irritation cause of the Nioxin treatment.

Update: today I washed my hair and blow dry. The volume is aaaawesome. I didnt even new I had that long hair. xD [emoji173]️
Nioxin works by clearing the follicles and sebaceous glands and eliminating impurities to create the perfect growing space for your hair. The tingle feeling you experience when using step 3 and/ or the intense treatment spray is very normal and is often mistaken for a rash /reaction, in fact this is just the product working. It's designed to stimulate the follicle to increase/encourage hair growth. The only contraindications I'm aware of is for psoriasis sufferers- nioxin product should not be used by those who suffer with psoriasis!
If you love volume you will love their most famous product named diaboost! It was their best selling product I believe. It makes you feel like you have a 1000 more hairs on your head!

Nioxin works by clearing the follicles and sebaceous glands and eliminating impurities to create the perfect growing space for your hair. The tingle feeling you experience when using step 3 and/ or the intense treatment spray is very normal and is often mistaken for a rash /reaction, in fact this is just the product working. It's designed to stimulate the follicle to increase/encourage hair growth. The only contraindications I'm aware of is for psoriasis sufferers- nioxin product should not be used by those who suffer with psoriasis!
If you love volume you will love their most famous product named diaboost! It was their best selling product I believe. It makes you feel like you have a 1000 more hairs on your head!
Wow. This sounds interesting. Well about a month ago we went a trip to wella's center here in Greece and they informed us about Nioxin. Maybe after Kerastase I ll give it a try. So far (next day after shampoo) my hair is not oily yet and after blow-drying the volume is still awesome. Propably tomorrow (one day before shampoo again) I will use dry shampoo (I got Batiste) as I will go to a party and I need the best volume I can get. So to sum up I will blow dry using a lightweight serum (well I use a lightweight dry oil and I dont get greasy) and I will try Nioxin for my oily scalp.

(It sucks to be a hairdresser and have alopecia. I try to get enough money so I get a hair transplant. At least I dont have many bald spots. Only on the back of my head. And I dont want to use Minoxidil forever, I want a permanent solution)

Wow. This sounds interesting. Well about a month ago we went a trip to wella's center here in Greece and they informed us about Nioxin. Maybe after Kerastase I ll give it a try. So far (next day after shampoo) my hair is not oily yet and after blow-drying the volume is still awesome. Propably tomorrow (one day before shampoo again) I will use dry shampoo (I got Batiste) as I will go to a party and I need the best volume I can get. So to sum up I will blow dry using a lightweight serum (well I use a lightweight dry oil and I dont get greasy) and I will try Nioxin for my oily scalp.

(It sucks to be a hairdresser and have alopecia. I try to get enough money so I get a hair transplant. At least I dont have many bald spots. Only on the back of my head. And I dont want to use Minoxidil forever, I want a permanent solution)
Have you been using minoxidil long?

Also if you can, change your dry shampoo, batiste is very talc base. The talc is a lot more course in batiste and cheaper products. The finer the powder the better. Kitoko do a dry shampoo which is fantastic and is all natural. Tigi oh beehive is also fantastic and smells amazing!

Also if you can, change your dry shampoo, batiste is very talc base. The talc is a lot more course in batiste and cheaper products. The finer the powder the better. Kitoko do a dry shampoo which is fantastic and is all natural. Tigi oh beehive is also fantastic and smells amazing!
I ll check that Kitoko thing. The problem is that propably I have to order it online. There is no chance to find it here in Greece.
Also. I never used Minoxidil. I know that if i stop the hair will fall out again. So i am thinking of transplant. Here in Greece and also in Turkey is quite"cheap" and its a permanent solution. At least my alopecia isnt aversive and the dermatologist told me that no more will fall out soon. I lost so far only on the back of my head. Im 24 years old and I always wanted to be a hairdresser (thats why im attempting an academy atm) but I got late cause i already have a Bcs in dietetics. So hair is important for me that's why I ask a lot here, cause I want to be top and learn from the best professionals (just like you) [emoji173]️

I ll check that Kitoko thing. The problem is that propably I have to order it online. There is no chance to find it here in Greece.
Also. I never used Minoxidil. I know that if i stop the hair will fall out again. So i am thinking of transplant. Here in Greece and also in Turkey is quite"cheap" and its a permanent solution. At least my alopecia isnt aversive and the dermatologist told me that no more will fall out soon. I lost so far only on the back of my head. Im 24 years old and I always wanted to be a hairdresser (thats why im attempting an academy atm) but I got late cause i already have a Bcs in dietetics. So hair is important for me that's why I ask a lot here, cause I want to be top and learn from the best professionals (just like you) [emoji173]️
Thanks for the compliment lol, but I'm far from the best!
This is a great place to learn.
You're right about the minoxidil, but if a transplant isn't an option yet, consider the minoxidil. I have a few clients using it and they have had amazing results.

Thanks for the compliment lol, but I'm far from the best!
This is a great place to learn.
You're right about the minoxidil, but if a transplant isn't an option yet, consider the minoxidil. I have a few clients using it and they have had amazing results.
Nop lol. You seem to know a lot. I know a lot of people using it and had amazing results. But im more into holistic care so I use natural oils like castor oil etc and made my own diy masks (before I go platinum) and with professional products I have seen a lot of improvement. Next year after I graduate, I will work on a salon (here in Greece we need to work after graduation for 2 years in order to open my own salon) so I get some money and go transplant. Also I know I can learn a lot here. Its a great forum and I am so glad I found it. I focus on color topics especially (my future goals is to be a colorist)

Ps: sorry for my bad English. I guess I had to study more. xD

Nop lol. You seem to know a lot. I know a lot of people using it and had amazing results. But im more into holistic care so I use natural oils like castor oil etc and made my own diy masks (before I go platinum) and with professional products I have seen a lot of improvement. Next year after I graduate, I will work on a salon (here in Greece we need to work after graduation for 2 years in order to open my own salon) so I get some money and go transplant. Also I know I can learn a lot here. Its a great forum and I am so glad I found it. I focus on color topics especially (my future goals is to be a colorist)

Ps: sorry for my bad English. I guess I had to study more. xD
Your English is fairly good considering its not your first language.
Have you always had thin hair? Or is a fairly recent thing? Or is it just the alopecia spot you have?
I'm just wondering if it could also be related to iron deficiency, magnesium deficiency or even thyroid problems.

Your English is fairly good considering its not your first language.
Have you always had thin hair? Or is a fairly recent thing? Or is it just the alopecia spot you have?
I'm just wondering if it could also be related to iron deficiency, magnesium deficiency or even thyroid problems.
Glad to hear that. :D At least you understand what I say lol. Well I think its due to heredity. My parents have hair thinning and my grandparent had alopecia since his young age. I used to have at my 18 long, curly, shoulder length hair and about 2 years ago I cut them short. Then, a year ago I got alopecia and so fast I lost my hair on the back of the head. Its heredity. I am a dietologist. I care a lot about my nutrition and also about 2 weeks ago I got a full test analysis and everything's fine.

Glad to hear that. :D At least you understand what I say lol. Well I think its due to heredity. My parents have hair thinning and my grandparent had alopecia since his young age. I used to have at my 18 long, curly, shoulder length hair and about 2 years ago I cut them short. Then, a year ago I got alopecia and so fast I lost my hair on the back of the head. Its heredity. I am a dietologist. I care a lot about my nutrition and also about 2 weeks ago I got a full test analysis and everything's fine.
And about my oily scalp. I used to have a totally dry scalp. But when I got the long hair (18) I used to wash everyday, sometimes 2 times a day and then I got oily scalp suddenly. I also used whatever shampoo I found.

Latest posts

Back