Flat-Iron help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which iron?

• REMINGTON

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • CONAIR

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

DarkToBlonde

Reaction score
ANYONE? :)
about to purchase online and dont want to loose coupon that expires today :D

Thank you, I just recently over the course of 3 sessions had my hair highlighted from DARK to a lot lighter, just want something that wont fry my hair :)

I would go for the remington one, reason being that it appears it has a digital temperature control. As you don't want to fry your hair you will probably need it; they both get a lot hotter than most people will ever need - 430-450°F / 221-232°C.

The optimal temperature for straightening is about 180°C, much less and you will cause more damage by having to repeatly straighten the same strands of hair, and much higher will cause damage due to excessive heat.

Another important factor is how consistant the straightener keeps the temperature - each time it passes over the hair, the temperture of the iron drops but a high quality iron will quickly reheat back to the ideal temperature for more effective straightening.

HTH and don't forget to use heat protection!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

thank you guys. my friend says I should spend a bit more and get a Chi. I am so clueless with these things. My hairstylist has the kind with argon oil infused (how does that work???) and seems nice, I should find out the brand, probably pricey :p

I have read that chi irons are good for maintaining consistant heat so they sound like a good choice.

Since the trend for argon oil in hair products, various combs and irons "infused" with argon oil have been sold but don't expect them to make any difference to your hair, I don't think there is any evidence than any oil is transfered.

In the salon I use GHD and also label.m irons - I like the fact the plates are thinner than the GHDs.

Hth

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

The more I read the more I am tempted to spend on a GHD, maybe on Ebay.
Sounds like the best.

I have THICK, wavy hair, and a LOT!

http://www.ghdhair.com/hair-straighteners

I would go for a "V" styler, I find they glide through the hair easier than the "IV" series. Havn't used the "eclipse" but heard mixed reviews.

You can buy them from ghd direct online or at a salon. I would be weary about how genuine they are if you find them too cheap online, as I don't think there is much of a profit margin selling them so the price is usually the same everywhere.

If you buy them there is a warrently inside the box to fill out in case there is a problem with them.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

thank you,
I decided to settle on a Remington for now. Might invest on a GHD in the future.

thank you,
I decided to settle on a Remington for now. Might invest on a GHD in the future.

There's a man on ebay that sells refurbished GHD's for under £50 like new! Bought my mum some for Christmas (a supple hint her hair is a total mess!) xx

Latest posts

Back