flat nail beds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

meckleberry

Reaction score
I need help! I have a client with extremely flat nail beds. As a novice, I can't seem to make her nails look good (at least to me). Her nails also start to bend when they grow the least little bit and separate from the acrylic. I have been told to use an electric file to file her natual nail down but I am not comfortable with this. ANY SUGGESTION?

HowdA Misty.

I need help! I have a client with extremely flat nail beds

:?: How do you mean... Flat C Curve (down the barrel so to speak) or flat arch (from the side so to spaek):?:

I have been told to use an electric file to file her natual nail down but I am not comfortable with this

Well done... I freaked when I saw this... then I figured you mean "to file out the free edge seperation (curling)" which isn't quite as bad as filing the plate down to make it more curved.

Q: Are you tip and overlaying this client? If so... try sculpting them. Most curling (I am assuming youre talking about curling) is from adhesive breakdown.

Let me know and TOGETHER the geeks will rule the world :revolve:

Basically flat C curve and some with both flat C curve and flat sides if thats possible. And yes I did mean the seperation from the free edge. Otherwise I would NEVER use an electric file on a natural nail. I'm not liking the idea of using an electric file for any reason.

I tried using Creative's Eclipse. They cracked while I was blending. Although this is not the first time I have had problems with them so I am unsure if they split because her nail beds were too flat or I got a bad set of tips. Or maybe it's me. That was a week ago, so this week I sculpted 4 of them which I will be the first to tell you that is not my cup of tea. Sculpting is an art, but I'm trying.

I have tried all I know (which could be very little) lol. Remember I'm still new at this. I have only been out of school since October 2002.

Sorry if I was confusing in the first post. My husband can tell you that I don't always say what I mean. lol

meckleberry said:
They cracked while I was blending.

Hmmm... There are a couple reasons why a tip would crack like this.

• Solvent on the tip.If you get a primer or a sanitizer/cleanser/dehydrator on the tip (e.g. ScrubFresh) that can cause massive cracking within the tip itself.
  • Too round o tip on too flat o nail. This isn't as common with the Eclipse tips as they have pretty flat c-curves... the only exception here is that they have deep sidewalls too. This makes the C-Curve of the Eclipse tip look like a staple.
One thing to try (aside from sculpting) is to take an Eclipse or Formation... Use 1 to 2 sizes too large for the target nail.... and file in the sides.

The larger the tip, the larger the circumference to the c-curve. The larger the circumference, the flatter the c-curve.

Hope this makes sense :revolve:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back