Flat rent day rate

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

After a little more advice on the following, I have a solicitor advising also but am waiting for a response.

I currently have a massage therapist who rents from me, pays x amount upfront, same every month, and comes and goes as she pleases Monday-Saturday. She is leaving.

I am about to have someone else on board, again self employed, and thinking I will have to charge her per day. The reason being that she is going to work a minimum of 2 days but is happy to flex up to 4 days in summer to accommodate the tourist trade we get. Has anyone much experience of a "day rate" do you charge weekly and up front? I am a little concerned it can very easily become a problem if said therapist doesn't have anyone in so she thinks "If I don't go in I don't have to pay" How do you combat this?

Would you charge x amount per month and if she chooses to do extra days she adds that on at the end?

I am really familiar with the differences between employed and self employed so please don't feel the need to tell me this, just purely the way you handle your renters that are only there a few changeable days a week.

I do a daily rate and agree on the set days that they will be working right from the start. I.e if she says she will work 2 days a week minimum she pays for 2 day's regardless of her being there or not. Then any extra days she decides to do on top of that just charge her the same daily rate and at least it's a bit extra money for both of you. Hope this makes sense! I just feel daily rates and having set days is best :)

Oh and forgot to say I feel best to charge either weekly or monthly in advance but you can discuss that with her to see what works better for you both!

Thanks Lisa. That's what I had in my mind, it's only because she is happy to flex up. So I will charge her for 2 "normal" days a week up front regardless of whether she is there or not then if she chooses to come in for extra days she has to pay the extra at the end!

Latest posts

Back