Flat tipped pre-bonded hair supplier??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glammymammy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been reading all the great advice on the forums for awhile now but this is my first post. I have just recently setup as a mobile hair extensionist. I was hoping for some advice on where to buy flat tips to use with my ultrasonic machine?

Can I make the u-tips into flat tips myself?
Can I use other prebonded hair with the ultrasonic machine?
Also if the bonds are smaller does that generally mean they can slip easier?

Sorry for all the questions;)
Thank you in advance for any help :)
p.s I am based in Ireland so I would need an online supplier x

try Bonita they do flat tips that are pretty small. they are lovely in, undetectable:biggrin: I think the website is www.bonita-hair.co.uk
xxx

Hi,

Thats great thank you so much for the link I will try them.

Do you know if the u-shaped tips can be used with the ultrasonic machine?
Thanks x

Yes you can.... you can make both I tips and U tips into flat bonds

If you are using I tips then I would recommend using an extra granule of adhesive melted on the flat part of your heat wand first.

Clamp the tip and allow the heat to disperse the hair flat until it's about 1-1.5 cm in width also feeding it in and dragging it out of the clamp a few times to make sure the hair is saturated at the bond site.

Then using a couple of silicone rolling 'thingy's' (can't think what you call them now) press it flat then bend in the middle to form a 'V' whilst it's still warm for easier application on head... then tidy up the end by snipping clean.

Hope I've explained that well enough... let me know how you get on x

IMAG0761.jpg

Here's some I've done before. They also melt a lot quicker like this with the ultrasonic x

Oh wow thank you so much for that great info. That will save me a fortune on trying to get them sent from UK. I will try them out on the U tips I have and hopefully it will work. Do you fold the V shape around the hair is this easier then the bond just being flat?

Thanks a million x

No problem... glad to be of help.

I found it better personally but it's whatever you prefer... I liked them being paper thin and folded over the hair so that the adhesive soaked through the natural hairs from both sides... otherwise you could leave the bonds a little thicker and narrower (just don't clamp down the heat wand completely) and then just hold against one side of the natural section of hair and bond as normal. x

Thank you so much for that great advice I am going to try this out on my two clients next week. ;)

Latest posts

Back