Flawless Powder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

Reaction score
Hi there everyone, please help! I have been trying out the new flawless powder and each time I use it, it looks cloudy and patchy on the nail unless I complete the nail in one bead. I am a three bead person and to be quite honest it looks awful when I've finished.
And before anyones says it.... check the consistency... I did already. It is medium wet every time and it looks cloudy as I said. Has anyone had the same experience or is it just moi? :|

I suggest you become a 2 bead person when you use Flawless and forget your worries!! If you are getting such problems as you describe then your mix ratio must be inconsistent every bead. I normally work in 3 beads but you have to learn to be adaptable to different situations.

I would only use flawless myself on a makeover client and frankly I don't do so many of those. I however am a makeover type of person and my own nails look dramaticaly wonderful and different using the Flawless powder and Perfect White.

If some people can use it without a problem, then everyone can if the training advice is followed.

Well, Flawless Pink is designed to be opaque and therefore it has a couple of nuances that you may want to be aware of to avoid problems.

If you work with multiple beads (like 99% of the world) multiple beads of Flawless Pink may look funky next to each other. The reason being is that there is soooo much pimgment in the powder that it is difficult to pick up 2 beads that have the same quantities of pigment in them because It is very difficult to always get the exact same ratio every time you pick up a bead. A small difference in your ratio (wet or dry) can lead to colouration matching problems even though your mix is still medium wet. This is similar to using multiple beads of White next to each other.
The other thing that the heavy pigmentation does is alter the feel of the bead slightly (kind of like the diff between Perfect Color White and Perfect Color Pink).

The other thing that can throw the look of FP, is the colouration and opacity of the clients natural nail plate.
The further away from the colouration of FP (whether from natural colouration to nail plate thickness) the more off the FP application will look. This is where custom blending with the Mosaics come into play.

All in all FP is a great product designed for makeover work (extending beds, etc) and for people who would custom blend colours for this job as it gives you a great head start doing this. It is not a great product to simply replace Perfect Colour Pink with though.

Hope this helps out

hi laura
not sure if this is of any help but a few weeks back i was filing my own nails whilst watching a dvd and ended up with one of those red rings of fire ...obviously i needed to cover it so i tried flawless pink .i found it to be a little too opaque for what i needed and it didn't really blend in with the colour of my own nail bed so ...i mixed a little with perfect pink and found that this gave it a much better finish ...still covering my mistake but at the same time looking quite natural .
hope this is of some help.. if only a little .
take care
debbie

Hello everyone...

When I first used Flawless, I admit it seemed difficult to work with :| - however, with a lot of practicing, I believe that with a correct ratio and application- beautiful nails can be done! I practiced on clear tips for a while, before using it on clients. Here's a picture:

http://www.members.aol.com/missnailpro/flawlesspinkforeverfrench.jpg

Good luck! :lol:

Hi everybody and thank you for the feedback.
Melissa.. ...I saw your Flawless photo on the beautytech message board, those nails look great, which is why I will persevere with the Flawless, not one to give up easily me! I had another go with it today but I could still see a slight line between beads and my beads DEFINITELY were consistent. :rolleyes:
Perhaps I'm too much of a perfectionist :lol:

Well, I must start off by saying that Sam Sweet is a flawless nail genius! I couldn't have answered better myself. Geeg is spot on as well.
I have found that by adding a very small amount of twilight to Flawless the potential variation between beads cannot be seen at all. The shimmer effect not only forgives us all of our mix ratio sins it also adds nice depth and dimension. I have been wearing this combination for about six months through Creative's test lab salon and not only does it make me look like I have long natural nails, I only have to have the white in zone one rebalanced every other visit.

Hang in there and don't be afraid to custom blend a shade that works for all of your clients.

Leslie

Hi Leslie! I have to completely agree with you about Sam... and this site is incredible!

Just wondering- (and thank you for the 'tip) regarding the twilight & flawless combination- could you please tell us what ratio you use? (ie: 10 parts. flawless to 1 part twilight?) I never thought of using the twilight with flawless- sounds like a wonderful combination!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello Melissa,
We met at the Roadshow in Chicago. You really are an education junkie!
The beauty of utilizing Twilght or Glimmer is that you can use a 1-1/2 to 1 mix ratio and sculpt with multiple beads with no noticable difference. Feel free to experiment mixing any combination of our Ultra, Perfect, Metro or Mosaic powders to custom blend any color or skin tone you can think of.

Great to talk to you again'
Leslie

Hi Leslie-
It was a great honor to meet you at Chicago! The Roadshow was absolutely unbelievable! I received my Advanced Master Certificate in the mail a week ago- it's beautiful! I have recommended the Roadshow to many nail tech's- it is truly a one-of-a-kind event- packed with technical information, FUN and incredible hands-on training-- as always- Creative is #1!!!

Thank you for your help with the flawless/twilight ratio... I guess I am an education junkie :lol: (lol)... and always want to work correctly with the products :) I can't WAIT to get mixing!!!

I have only applied the Flawless in conjunction with PC Soft White- it's pretty- however PC White is my favorite- I wonder if you or anyone has any pictures of Flawless with white powder?? Do you have a preference- soft white or white with flawless?

Thank you again for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back