Flawless question.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_Biscuit

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a quick question.

Is there anything I can use to tone down the pink-ness of flawless? This is if I've not got the custom blending kit? I have tried intense pink.. and it diluted the milki-ness of it down, but it's still too pink.

I want to put a natural set on myself, but have onycholysis, so need to cover that, but the natural powder for the tips, to me, doesn't sit well with the flawless.

I do want to get the custom blending kit, but just haven't got the funds right now.

Ta,
Miss B.

Hi,
I use flawless on a couple of my clients who do not have flawless nail beds !! They are not terrible but do need a tad camoflaging. I use a mix of 50% flawless and 50% pink or clear. It reduces the intense creaminess just a bit but still covers the flaws in the nail. You must also remember that your mix ratio needs to be spot on otherwise that can affect the appearance of each bead of acrylic. On smaller nail beds you can get away with using just one bead in zone 2 & 3. Takes practice but have a go.
Good luck

Have you got any of the mosiac colours?

If I didnt have any other colours appart from my basic french then I would add some white and perfect pink along with a little natural to tone it down. Take a small pot and take a tip filled with flawless, now on a clear tip place bead so you can see the colour, now add a little bit of white to the mix and stir, then place a bead, add a little bit of perfect pink to the mix and stir, place a bead and so forth.. you will see the beads getting paler and once you are happy with your colour, then go and make a batch with the same ratios :)

If I haven't got time to custom blend and it is a tiny bit of a flaw, I will place a little bead of flawless over that area, and spread it thin to blend into the natural nail. I then apply intense pink over the top and the rest of nail as usual. It can work well, but you do have to do it very carefully.

Hope this helps!!

x

Thanks for the advice all.

Very good advice it is too. I will deffo try with the white, clear and perfect pink... Thanks.

Good idea about the flawless over the problem area.. I will gove that a go.

Thank you. x

Try using 4 parts flawless to 1 part white. If you use perfect pink or intense pink then you are likely to get some marbelling. By using the white in place of the pink, it makes the product more opaque and better for camouflaging the nail. If you want it lighter still then add a touch more white or vice versa if you want to pink it up again.
David

what mix would you use on a nail biter? I have used the flawless without mixing it but found it to be really peachy/bubblegum looking....

I would like to be able to extend the nail bed for a nail biter and still keep a nice looking colour? I dont have the custom colour kit either yet

Aspirations said:
what mix would you use on a nail biter? I have used the flawless without mixing it but found it to be really peachy/bubblegum looking....

I would like to be able to extend the nail bed for a nail biter and still keep a nice looking colour? I dont have the custom colour kit either yet
Try as Jaydee has suggested 4 parts flawless to 1 part white. That should work a treat!:hug:

Jaydee said:
Try using 4 parts flawless to 1 part white. If you use perfect pink or intense pink then you are likely to get some marbelling. By using the white in place of the pink, it makes the product more opaque and better for camouflaging the nail. If you want it lighter still then add a touch more white or vice versa if you want to pink it up again.
David

You are absolutely right... I did my daughters nails today who is a terrible nail biter, this is the first time she has let me near her nails in 12 months, she hates all the prep .... 'makes her feel queezy' she said. Her beds are tiny and VERY pale in colour. I tried to make a custom mix of flawless, white and added a touch of perfect pink and intense pink still leaving the colour very pale pink (which she loves).

When I really look at them I can see all the marbelling and I am gutted.. I really thought I had it right this custom blending.. oh humm... at least she got some length ... now lets see how they last. I will post pics later.

I will try it your way the next time David.. I just thought the flawless and white would be opaque enough to cope with the perfect and intense.. we live and learn huh ? ;)

Jaydee said:
David

Hi...I totally agree with Jaydee.......adding white is a better option as you need the opacity...the perfect pink and intense pink are transluscent and will just dilute the opacity required to camouflage the flaws........:hug:

izzidoll said:
Hi...I totally agree with Jaydee.......adding white is a better option as you need the opacity...the perfect pink and intense pink are transluscent and will just dilute the opacity required to camouflage the flaws........:hug:

Wish I had had this info before I did my daughter a set of colour blend today (I did have it, just wish I had remembered lol!!)

When I use it, i mix in a little bit of glitter powder. I use CND's Twilight powder... I think that is what it is called. It makes a huge difference.

Good Luck!

Jaydee said:
David
I do a 50/50 mix of flawless and perfect pink and if it is shaken to mix the powders then you do not get a marbled or mottled effect at all, at least I never have and I have used this mix for ages.

Latest posts

Back