Flowers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Hi guys please help me, i bought what i thought were some great flowers to try and do nail art with (havent got a garden to pick any) took them home put them in a book for a few hours opened the book up to find they had shrivelled into nothing!!! what am i doing wrong are there certain flowers you have to use and certain ways to press them? x x x

Hiya Kelly,
The flowers need to be very small but, because of this they are hard to handle. Place them carefully on a tissue, make sure the petals are spread flat, place another tissue on top, then place the book on top.
Be careful when you open the tissues, they'll either fall everywhere or be stuck to them, in which case remove them slowly with tweezers.
They are very delicate ... thinner than tissue paper so need real careful handling.
Btw, I mailed some to you on Saturday so they should be with you any day now ... OPEN CAREFULLY, lol! :)

oh thanks glo, cant wait to receive i will try again with my flowers!!! thanks again x xx

i never had much luck pressing flowers. they always lose color or smash funny LOL. i gues its just trial and error!

Hey Kelly, i've just stuck a few ina book to pres them, i looked on a site for pressing flowers and it says to leave them fof a week or two so i've left them alone for a while. I'll let you know what happens.

Hi wends, yeah i will try again over the weekend! also thanks to glorsclaws for sending me some in the post, took me about 2 hours to open them as everywhere said 'open carefully loose flowers' even on the envelope which really made me chuckle but thanks their lovely and cant wait to have a muck around with them xxxxxxxx

Hope you enjoy 'playing' with them Kelly. They can be frustrating little bleeders though cos they're so delicate!.
Pardon me for butting in here Wendy but, I dont think you need to press such tiny flowers for 2 weeks ... probably do for the bigger 'juicier' ones but, not these ... over night was fine for me.

NSI have started to sell very small dried flowers to use with acrylic & gels & they have them in quite a few colours. I think there's about 20 of them for about £5. I bought some & they look great with pink & whites.
Hope this helps!

Have looked at the flowers i dired and unfortunately i must have left them too long as they are so dry they just fell apart!!!

Does anyone know how long toleave the tiny flowers and what can i do to prevent them from crymbling wen seperating from the paper?

With the tiny flowers over night is enough to press...it can be a bit hit and miss tho so don't give up yet lol...and don't expect every flower to turn out perfectly...and yes they are so delicate they can drive you nuts lol...even me and I love all the fiddly tiny nail art stuff!

Thanks Tracy, i must admit i didn't think about the fact they are tiny flowers so won't need much drying. I will keep trying but i am having trouble finding some white flowers small enough to press, any ideas???

Hi wends, also having trouble finding them small enough to use on nails, i know that NSI do some dried flowers in really pretty colours they sent me a catalogue last week, but i will keep trying to find some before i resort to buying them x x x

i will try find out the name of some i pressed in white for you :) ...must admit they arent my favourite but with other flowers they looked quite effective

alyssum...infact alyssum maritimum! Nope i don't have a clue about flower names really but that's what my big flower book says lol. They are widely available in garden centres at the mo and when planted they spread like crazy so u will have plenty to practice with lol...it is hard to find tiny enough flowers and I'm sure there r better white ones than these around but they r good to start with :) If u want to get really 'fiddly' I took the petals from the alyssum to create my own flowers and added my own centres!

talented talons said:
Thanks Tracy, i must admit i didn't think about the fact they are tiny flowers so won't need much drying. I will keep trying but i am having trouble finding some white flowers small enough to press, any ideas???
The elderflower tree which is flowering at the moment has very pretty small white flowers.........don't know how well they press, but definitely worth a go.

Adele

Thanks Peppercorn nails, i have tried the elderflowers but i think i left them too long so they went all yellow and weird looking, but i'm gonna keep trying.

I've tried pressing little white flowers myself and my experience has been that they all turn yellow :sad:

Yes mine went yellow as well, so still searching for white ones to press.

When i'm successful, how is the best way to store the pressed flowers?

Do they keep for a period of time so that you can press a load of them and then keep them for when they are needed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back