Fluffy problems with Soft Landings wipes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkeedee

Reaction score
I have used soft landings wipes since they first became available and i have loved them..... until now! The last two packs i have opened have got fluffy fibres standing up off them, they are stuck together like velcro and when i use them it leaves strands all over the nails. The wipe ends up like a ball of fluffy fibres after wiping nails.
I am going to contact s2 on monday but wondered if anyone else had noticed a change in them?

I have only just started using them so I can't comment on what they used to be like but I bought them because so many people raved about them. However I have found they leave fluff on the nails as well :(

I have only just started using them so I can't comment on what they used to be like but I bought them because so many people raved about them. However I have found they leave fluff on the nails as well :(
They used to be fantastic, no fuzzies left on nails at all. The two packs i've just opened are nothing like they used to be. If you hold them up to the light you can see long fluffy fibres standing up off them! Such a shame as now i have to find another brand. The last few nail treatments i've done, i've really struggled with all the fluff :(

I can't help with the soft landings but wanted to say that use a piece of kitchen towel cut up, absolutely no fibres at all, and pretty darn cheap too. xx

The Hands Down lint free wipes... only issue I have with them is I think 200/pk isn't enough :lol:

I have used soft landings wipes since they first became available and i have loved them..... until now! The last two packs i have opened have got fluffy fibres standing up off them, they are stuck together like velcro and when i use them it leaves strands all over the nails. The wipe ends up like a ball of fluffy fibres after wiping nails.
I am going to contact s2 on monday but wondered if anyone else had noticed a change in them?
I have been using these for ages too and the last ok iv opened has been exactly how you described, I have fluff all over the nails which isn't like soft landings.

Do you think they have a faulty batch?

I changed to soft landings and found them be a bit of nightmare with the fibres. I persevered but still no luck. I too could see the fibres on them when I got them out the pack. I have since gone back to my trusty kitchen roll cut up in to squared and have had no fuzzies what so ever. xxx

I had the same problem until I started using the lint free OPI wipes. They work really well, I think they come 400 to a pack. I recently discovered though that the bleached waxing strips are made from the same material so I buy a pack of those and cut them up.

OPI wipes are pretty good but I can't argue that kitchen towel is just as good.

I have been using these for ages too and the last ok iv opened has been exactly how you described, I have fluff all over the nails which isn't like soft landings.

Do you think they have a faulty batch?
Thats what i'm thinking, the used to be lovely and stay flat when you used them but these turn into a fuzz ball when you rub the nail. I'm going to ring s2 and see what they say.

Thanks for this post as I'd heard they were brilliant too! Was about to order some but now I'll wait and keep looking for something better, maybe I'll try the kitchen towel. Can you let us know what S2 say about them? Be interesting to know if its just a temporary hitch and be sorted soon.

I have had the same situation with the towels! The last couple of packs i bought have had a completely different feel to them and left fluffs everywhere as u described!
I phoned s2 to enquire whether they had changed but they said they were unaware of any changes. I emailed soft landings myself and they said they had received a complaint from s2 and are awaiting a sample for them to examine but no complaints from any other distributors worldwide. In the mean time I've been using bleached paper wax strips and they work perfectly cut in to squares!

I agree, my pack contains fluffies too :sad:

After trying lots of different ones, for applying the scrubfresh before a shellac treatment I have resorted to cutting up thick kitchen towels . . . . it is the only way I can guarantee myself no fluffies. How annoying that Plenty can manage it (other brands are available lol) but the nail companies can't.

Well they shouldn't be like that ... So let S2 know ASAP ALL of you. A normal Soft Landings wipe should be nothing like what you describe ... They are completely lint free if normal.

I am going to contact s2 on monday but wondered if anyone else had noticed a change in them?[/QUOTE

I am so glad someone else has noticed this, thought it was just me being picky but the last few packs i have bought have been a right pain, lint everywhere, i'm having to pick fluff out of the Shellac, this never used to happen!

Have you called S2? I will Monday..

I've tried so many "lint free" pads, but not the soft landings ones yet.
This is what I've stuck with for the last couple of years, and not a fuzzy in sight!
Ellisons - Beauty Essentials polish remover pads (500)

I bought a load in bulk so when I've used them up I'll give the soft landings one a go.
With regard to the current issues, as tempting as it is to just share your concerns on here, the only way you'll get any kind of resolution is to contact the distributor. S2's customer service is excellent; they'll get it sorted in a flash!

I've used them after recommendations on here but find them dreadful full of fluff fibres that end up in the nail won't be buying more

I've used them after recommendations on here but find them dreadful full of fluff fibres that end up in the nail won't be buying more

Wellyb, this is just silly because I have used these wipes for months and never had a problem ... they are in fact marvellous and totally lint free. Clearly all you or anyone needs to do is to post them back to S2 and you will be sent a replacement pack of wipes that are not faulty.

Had people reported this problem in the first place, it might have saved MANY other people from being disappointed with faulty goods. Obviously the warehouse does not check every pack that goes out UNLESS they are alerted to a problem. We certainly do not want disappointed customers and there is definitely a fault here. We will be happy to rectify. If I were you I certainly would try them again and experience how good these wipes actually are.

I use Plenty kitchen roll cut up (after recommendations from fellow geeks) and it is perfect. But for d.sperse I use soft landings as a bit of luxury at the end and never have any fibres as long as it is wet enough.

The new ones I ordered are like this too, should be called fluffy landings lol, i'll contact S2 and let them know, but i'm happy to keep them, i'll just go back to using kitchen towel with my scrubfresh and use the soft landings with my D-sperse at the end. But there also still lovely for removing excess hand creams and wiping the excess oil away. Hopefully there just an off batch and it will be resolved in the future. Anyway S2 are on it, as they always are. ;)

Latest posts

Back