Fluid retention and cellulite on legs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lolla

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm after a bit of advice on how to tailor a treatment for this client:

She suffers with excess fluid build up and (what appears to me) like quite a bit of cellulite on her legs (upper and lower). It really gets her down and she feels that it's because she drinks a lot of wine - when she's had a couple of glasses her legs are worse the next morning.

I know the first step is to cut this down and hydrate more. I'm predominantly a holistic therapist so she wants a treatment that will reduce fluid and improve the appearance of her legs.

I do Aromatherapy, have products/mitts etc for exfoliation, hot stones, herbal compress etc so would like your opinions on how you'd tailor a treatment for her?

Im initially thinking a leg/foot massage treatment using oils to detox the skin and increase blood flow. Perhaps an exfoliation to further help increase circulation, or the herbal compresses.

She is willing to follow a plan I arrange for her and have weekly or fortnightly treatments.

She is in her late 40's and has B12 injections - no other conditions.

Thanks all :)

Firstly, has your client checked with her GP to rule out any medical condition that may be causing the oedema?

I'd suggest exfoliation to boost the circulation followed by aromatherapy massage using detoxifying essential oils such as juniper, grapefruit and fennel.

Advise your client to use a body brush daily to improve circulation and remove toxins x

Thanks for your reply - yes she's checked and GP has confirmed no health conditions other than weight and drinking wine too often (however she's not alcoholic).

Will do the exfoliation and body brushing along with some aroma massage :) Think the only thing Im not sure on is lymph drainage moves but as lymph isn't very deep I'll probably cover that naturally with the massage alone :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I had a lot of water retention in my legs after liposuction as they have to pump a lot of water in.
My surgeon told me to drink herbal dandelion tea and gentle body brushing.
Different scenario but it worked xxx

Latest posts

Back