Flyer Drop Gone Wrong......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucy-Jayne

Reaction score
.... ok well not that wrong!

Last night, I thought I'd go out and distribute a few flyers. And oh my god, I just have to share this.

Not only did one house get a flyer, but they got one of my stiletto shaped red nails through their letter box as well!!!

I am sooooo embarrased!! And in so much pain too.

It's embarrassing enough as it is walking up to someone's house when they can blatently see you but giving them a sample of your finest work too is just going a little too far.

My nails NEVER come off, but this one was sculpted and the force of the most difficult letter box in the world just ripped the poor pretty thing off!

All I'm waiting for now is a phone call or a text saying thanks for the flyer, didn't expect a free nail though, or something to that extent!!!

L-Jx

Well I always offer my clients 1 free nail - but not quite like that:lol:

.... ok well not that wrong!

Last night, I thought I'd go out and distribute a few flyers. And oh my god, I just have to share this.

Not only did one house get a flyer, but they got one of my stiletto shaped red nails through their letter box as well!!!

I am sooooo embarrased!! And in so much pain too.

It's embarrassing enough as it is walking up to someone's house when they can blatently see you but giving them a sample of your finest work too is just going a little too far.

My nails NEVER come off, but this one was sculpted and the force of the most difficult letter box in the world just ripped the poor pretty thing off!

All I'm waiting for now is a phone call or a text saying thanks for the flyer, didn't expect a free nail though, or something to that extent!!!

L-Jx

:lol: You can always say it was a sample!:lol:

I hate doing leaflet drops & the thought they are watching you and everyone else in the street are hiding behind their curtains watching, hoping you don't go to them!!!! I've only ever done 1 in 4 years! I did get some biz from it tho, sometime afterwards. People do hang on to them if it's something they are thinking about.

Luckily my boyfriend came with me to help but it was awful. My first proper one because I'm going to try and do nails full time so just started off with as many houses as I could close by.

But I was really nervous. The other half was going nuts at me cos I kept avoiding houses that didn't look very appealing or ones with people having their Sunday dinner in the front room.

They're great flyers cos I spent loads of time and money on them. I love them, so hopefully they'll do the job. I've already had one person book in for a full set. So if anything at least one positive thing came out of it!

I had some good results with leaflet drops in the good old days. Never did it myself though. I had five kids so I made them do it. I'm no fool :). Why work when you have your own private workforce??

They and their friends scurried all over the neighbourhood dropping them into letterboxes.

After that I sent Christian (youngest son) to all the supermarkets in the area where he and his mates skateboarded around the car park and the town putting them on people's car windshields!! I always recouped the money I had spent on the leaflets and more, on new custom, never lost on it.

Right, that sounds like a good excuse to pester the other half to have a baby!!

Great idea on the kids front, they have no fear! I'm going to get my other halfs niece to do some for me in my local town centre. She has to raise money to go on a Guide's trip to NZ next year. What's the minimum wage for a 14 year old?!!!! 50p an hour ;-) and her 10 year old brother, maybe I can take that down to 25p!!!

So surprised I've got one back already. Best get the other 4800 out there and I might be on a roll and be able to leave this Accountancy nightmare sooner than I thought, fingers crossed!

There's nothing more depressing than sitting in a job you hate knowing you just have to wait and see how things go to do the one you love!

xxx

I also got my children to do the leaflet drops,well...they have to earn their pocket money eh!!:green:

Other option is to deliver in the dark,whilst walking the dog,kills two birds with one stone and saves any embarressment.

I found leaflet drops do work,I dont get a huge return from them but it all helps.It is a lot of outlay for little reward but even if you get one client it pays off,as that said client can pass on the good news to others.

As for the nail,well at least they can see the end result first hand,so to speak:lol:

Flyer drops are easier for me, the letterboxes are out on the road so I don't have to go up to the houses and they can't see me.

I hate it though when they have no fence and the kids are out playing in the front yard. They come up to you wanting to talk and to collect the flyer. I have nightmares about their mothers thinking I'm trying to abduct their kids or something and yelling at me in front of everyone on the street.:o

Guys I have cracked ribs, its not nice to make me laugh like that.
But it is good for me:lol:
If you don't like doing your own leaflet drops why not see if the local free news paper will do it for you, or lie in wait for the person who delivers the free news paper and offer them a bit extra to do the drop for you.

leaflet drops work great for me, i did pay to get them delivered though, i'm a bit lazy and i think it would of taken me about 3 years to deliver the 5000 i got printed! xx

awww hun, hope that nail isnt too sore, ouch

i too have had bit of success from leaflet drops, about 5 clients fro0m the first 2000 i delivered and lots more who have enquired if i do enhancements and have said they'll keep my number in case etc

having said that ive only delivered about 100 myself, my kids do mine, it was their idea (to eanr pocket money) i go in the car and give them handful each, then they race each other to see who can finish their side of road first etc, i'm with them, theyre safe and i dont have to get out of car lol, its a winner and its only cost me £20 and load of sweets so far bonus!!!

good luck, hope you'll get more enquiries hun xxxx

Latest posts

Back