flyer drop

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindag

Reaction score
I have previously done a flyer drop but got no business from that before, I have read on this site that some of you have found it a great way to increase you clientell, can someone, anyone give me an idea what to put on the flyer. thanks

Hi Lindag, i too did a fyer drop and havent had any response from it, ive found the best way to get your name about is to do school fetes i got my first client from it last night and only did it on saturday so really pleased, however i will continue to send leaflets out anyway hth x

Hi, i don't think it hurts to do a leaflet drop, but i would say put a postcard type thing in newsagents windows, local Librarys, Local community centres, antwhere basiaclly that women are likely to go, it all helps.

Did A leaflet frop and got good results - but not immediately, people hang onto them and I was getting calls months later.

Bit of advice - KISS keep it stupid, simple. People only scan info so put brief info on what you do, and what makes you different from your competition.

lindag said:
I have previously done a flyer drop but got no business from that before, I have read on this site that some of you have found it a great way to increase you clientell, can someone, anyone give me an idea what to put on the flyer. thanks

I did a leaflet drop when I opened my first salon - very cheaply - basically just said 'special opening offer - nail enhancements £XX name, address and phone number - got my family and friends to post flyer through every letter box within half a mile of salon and had a good response which led to the best advertising of all - 'word of mouth' - worked for me!! Fiona

I did a flyer drop

Last edited:
Macey, can I hire you...LOL!

:lol: for a small fee of course! ;)

free holiday in cornwall with trip to various pubs, beaches and the eden project! (lol!)

I so wish we had a cornwall meet, I'm feeling lonely and want to meet everyone!

Great advise Ange. I've only just started out and put ads in the local newspapers on the Costa del Sol. The ads all go out this week so hoping to get some response....will take on board your tips about leaving flyers in the ladies etc. never thought of that as we have loads of bars and restaurants down here!

Bo..I'm in the same boat as you...feel a bit lonley down here in Spain, but isn't this website is fantastic for the friendliness and encouragement they give...really glad I came across it.

The best response I got was from an advert in my car window, I tried loads of other ways, most of what has been suggested here but the car definitely got the most clients

hi peeps well i have just printed up about 300 leaflets and dear old hubbie is going to do a leaflet drop for me one evening when he is walking Spud (the dog lol)
i have it double sided classy piccie on one side and price list on the back so potential cleints know in advance my prices i shall let you know how i get on !!

95% of my clients have found me from my website.

sorry about previous post - i meant to quote Ange!!

95 % of my clients have found me from my web site

Can we have a look at your site? I had a look on your profile and it's I don't think it's listed.

Thanks

maceyratbags said:
I did a flyer drop of 300 when I first started out - even enclosed a £5 discount voucher with it and still did not get even one call from it. My main job is as a Marketing Manager, and my flyers looked fab (although I say so myself!!!!), but I was told that they looked expensive, and that potential clients may look at them and bin them without even looking at my pricelist on the basis that I would be too expensive :(

95% of my clients have found me from my website. I set it up within a week, put myself onto all the search engines, wedding websites, local company registers etc I could find, and now whenever someone types in "mobile nail technician, Wrexham / and / or Wales, there I am - first on the list. :D

The remainder of clients are mainly from word of mouth or from the free one-liner ad I've got in Yellow pages and Yell.com

I'm about to re-jig my website and my brochures to include Creative services and once it has been done I'm doing a mail-out to all the local companies where I know have a lot of women working, and have a notice board, so that my posters can be pinned up. (councils, hairdressing salons, building societies, banks, supermarkets, even laundrettes).

Whenever I go out to pubs and restaurants I take my brochures to leave in the ladies! I've even been known to go into ladies' changing cubicles in shops and leave a wadge of brochures in each cubicle :o

Wearing my uniform and having nicely decorated nails always works wonders for me when I go shopping - I choose my check-out wisely (look out for a lady who looks like she takes pride in her appearance) I always get comments about my nails when it comes to signing the credit card slip, at which point I whip out a few business cards that are, rather conveniently, placed in my purse.

Offer discounts for group bookings and give gift vouchers once a while to your regular loyal clients - it makes them feel really appreciated.

Sorry, I've gone on & on :o

Can you tell I'm in marketing?! :D

Good Advice! Well done!

best thing i did was do a free set on a (and i don't mean this the wrong way) 'gobby' person or someone who knows a LOT of people! she told her friends - who then told their friends etc etc

Latest posts

Back