Flyer- Inspire me please, Geeky help needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flanakat

Reaction score
Does anyone have a flyer/leaflet introducing your salon/services/anything really :rolleyes: etc that they have successfully used to leaflet drop that they wouldn't mind sending to me via email please?

I have the paper and I have chosen the font that I would like to use and that is as far as I have got, I'm not feeling very creative today :cry:
(no pun was actually intended there ! :lol: )

Thank You

Flanakat
x
[email protected]

I'll second that Flanakat. It's just knowing where to start. I've had a few attempts but the flyers just look, well....dull !!!

If anyone has any good ones that I could have a look at the layout etc that would be of great help....

Thanks
Heather

Anyone fancy inspiring us please? :)

Flanakat
x

Hi Guys

My sugestion is to look at microsoft publisher for your main layout. I will try and email my flyer and price guide for you to look at, not sure whether they are much good or not, however, they may give you some ideas.

Let me know what you think.

Sorry Guys

Not having much luck with sending you the details, let me know your emails and i shall do it the old fashioned way.

Take it easy

thenaillounge said:
Sorry Guys

Not having much luck with sending you the details, let me know your emails and i shall do it the old fashioned way.

Take it easy

Please could you send it to
[email protected]

Thank you very much :D

Flanakat
x

Have you collected leaflets/price lists from nearby salons. This will give you an idea of the info you will need to include and also stops you from creating something too similar in style/look (dont want clients getting you confused with a nearby salon).

Have you decided if you want to be :
Girly (pink, lilac, flowers, scroll style fonts)
Modern (neutral colours, sharp lines, bold logo/design)
etc....etc.................

If you are printing them yourself always ask a friend to double check for any errors and to give an indication of how easy it is to read and understand.

What is the name you will be using when you start in business?? maybe this can help with a logo or design

flanakat said:
Does anyone have a flyer/leaflet introducing your salon/services/anything really :rolleyes: etc that they have successfully used to leaflet drop that they wouldn't mind sending to me via email please?

I have the paper and I have chosen the font that I would like to use and that is as far as I have got, I'm not feeling very creative today :cry:
(no pun was actually intended there ! :lol: )

Thank You

Flanakat
x
[email protected]
Hiya

Know how I felt when first trying to design flyers - your creative mind goes blank!!

Emailed you all of my price lists and information leaflets and flyers - hope they help. Donk know if they are good but might help with a few ideas. The leaflets fold into 3.

Good luck

Sharon

As said previously its best to think of the sort of style you want which you can determin when you have a name. As i'm "Simply Nails" I have opted for a simple but clean sort of image. Always get someone totally unrelated to nails to check it for you, then they will probably ask you questions that aren't clear or what sort of treatment or system you do. This then tells you what you've missed etc.

Try not to use too much info on one page, as others have done you can use a 3 fold layout so you can spread out the info so its not jumbled or confusing. Just keep it simple.

HTH's:D

sharong said:
Hiya

Know how I felt when first trying to design flyers - your creative mind goes blank!!

Emailed you all of my price lists and information leaflets and flyers - hope they help. Donk know if they are good but might help with a few ideas. The leaflets fold into 3.

Good luck

Sharon

Thank you very much for doing that Sharon
You are a star :D
I have to download a programme as I cant open them, so Im off searching!

Flanakat
x

talented talons said:
As said previously its best to think of the sort of style you want which you can determin when you have a name. As i'm "Simply Nails" I have opted for a simple but clean sort of image. Always get someone totally unrelated to nails to check it for you, then they will probably ask you questions that aren't clear or what sort of treatment or system you do. This then tells you what you've missed etc.

Try not to use too much info on one page, as others have done you can use a 3 fold layout so you can spread out the info so its not jumbled or confusing. Just keep it simple.

HTH's:D

Hi

Thank you for replying, I have already done a very descriptive service menuy with prices as a 2 fold A5 booklet, I have already decided on the logo, colour scheme, font, overall style etc

I need to decided whether to put prices on the flyer, special offer on the back, home salon address or just phone number, service descriptions or just the name of the service, salon statement/ditty, Creative Logo (should I get permission to use one) - that sort of thing.

What have you done?

Flanakat
x

You do need to contact marketing department to get permission before using the CND logos.

rachmcw said:
Have you collected leaflets/price lists from nearby salons. This will give you an idea of the info you will need to include and also stops you from creating something too similar in style/look (dont want clients getting you confused with a nearby salon).

Have you decided if you want to be :
Girly (pink, lilac, flowers, scroll style fonts)
Modern (neutral colours, sharp lines, bold logo/design)
etc....etc.................

If you are printing them yourself always ask a friend to double check for any errors and to give an indication of how easy it is to read and understand.

What is the name you will be using when you start in business?? maybe this can help with a logo or design

Hi Rach

I have got the logo, style sorted thanks, this is for an A5 leaflet drop

I just need to work out if I should :

add prices
describe the service or just leave title of service & expect people to know
add a special offer on the reverse
where to put Creative logo (if I get permission)

I would be interested to know what you have included/excuded from your flyer

Flanakat
x

naturalnails said:
You do need to contact marketing department to get permission before using the CND logos.

Yup, I know - I said 'if' because I emailed marketing on 24th March for permission to use the logo on my price list and forthcoming website and I have heard diddley squat so far and I have had to run the price lists without the logo's :sad:

Thanks for your reply though

Flanakat
x

On another post talking about addresses etc, someone mentioned probably not a good idea to put your address on the leaflets you are posting, just have an area and phone number, then when someone rings you you can give them your address.

Have to say i never thought of the implications of giving your address out if working from home, but you could end up with someone just turning up out of the blue and at inconvenient times for you. Each to their own really, also depends where you live as well i suppose, HTH's:D

talented talons said:
Have to say i never thought of the implications of giving your address out if working from home, but you could end up with someone just turning up out of the blue and at inconvenient times for you. Each to their own really, also depends where you live as well i suppose, HTH's:D

Hi

I'm probably an exception to the rule as I live in the Yorkshire Dales, people are hard pressed to find us when they want to, let alone just turn up on their tractors :lol:

Flanakat
x

flanakat said:
Yup, I know - I said 'if' because I emailed marketing on 24th March for permission to use the logo on my price list and forthcoming website and I have heard diddley squat so far and I have had to run the price lists without the logo's :sad:

Thanks for your reply though

Flanakat
x

Yes ... too bad, because you emailed them on a Saturday ... you have only given them 3 working days to respond and the Marketing -Dept. is SO busy ... better to have called them for sure if you want a super quick answer (altho they do not work Sat and Sun :biggrin: ). OR email direct to [email protected]!! They are also happy to supply Creative images too for things like this.

geeg said:
Yes ... too bad, because you emailed them on a Saturday ... you have only given them 3 working days to respond and the Marketing -Dept. is SO busy ... better to have called them for sure if you want a super quick answer (altho they do not work Sat and Sun :biggrin: ). OR email direct to [email protected]!! They are also happy to supply Creative images too for things like this.

Hi Gigi

Dare I whisper - it was March 24th which was a Wednesday, not April 24th ;)
Thanks for the email address - I will resend it to Nicole

Flanakat
x

I can see that would be a problem for most people......lol.

You must let me know if anyone does turn up in their tractor.:D

flanakat said:
Hi Gigi

Dare I whisper - it was March 24th which was a Wednesday, not April 24th ;)
Thanks for the email address - I will resend it to Nicole

Flanakat
x

Whoops!! :o Well follow it up with a message straight to Nicole. This is much better than a general address, and do a little badgering!! They're usually pretty quick about these things ... sorry you have had some inconvenience ... I know they will be happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back